Senior Communications Manager
At Emburse our mission is to help make our users’ lives — and their businesses – better. We are dramatically transforming how organizations manage corporate expenses and invoices. We humanize work by automating manual tasks and saving users’ time, so they can focus on what matters most — their family, community, or more rewarding work. We help CFO’s give their employees a simple and amazing experience while ensuring compliance and reducing costs. Our solutions are tailored for companies from start-ups to enterprises. We have more than 14,000 clients and 4.5 million users globally.
Emburse has offices across North America, including Los Angeles, Montreal, Portland (ME), San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto, as well as locations in the UK, Germany, Spain and Australia.
Our core values – Sincerity, Empathy, Empowerment, Individuality and Teamwork – reflect who we are as a company. They are central to the decisions we make and the interactions we have with our teams, customers, and partners. As a people focused company, we are seeking candidates who align with our values.
Emburse is a proud recipient of a 2020 Tech Cares Award from TrustRadius. This award celebrates companies that have gone above and beyond to provide their communities, clients, and front line workers with support during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are a people-first company, and this award is a testament to our mission to humanize work.
Follow us to stay updated on news and job openings!
We’re hiring a Senior Communications Manager who with report to the Vice President, Corporate Communications. This position will focus primarily on creating content for internal audiences.
What you’ll do:
- Create and implement an employee and executive communications strategy that builds employee engagement in platform organization with multiple charters – in a hybrid working environment
- You’ll create and execute on employee and executive communications strategies that inform and scale our culture across our rapidly growing global team, amplify the stories that make us who we are and create content to share across channels that connect employees to our mission, vision, values and culture.
- Create proactive, reinvented, and streamlined employee comms programs that offer global solutions, adept at navigating dynamic internal and external environments while delivering with impact and empathy
- Manage communication and employee experience initiatives for all hands, coffee chats, and other communication channels for senior executives
- Create content and interactive employee experiences to educate and engage across the company
- Partner with multiple stakeholders to create end-to-end change management communications plans for massive company initiatives
- Build measurability into programs and gather insights to continuously improve employee engagement across teams
- Provide strategic counsel to senior leaders on communications approach, messaging and positioning, and influence internal stakeholders as needed to ensure communications are compelling and aligned to the needs of employees and business goals.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to connect and distill key messages: present them in a compelling and visually interesting way to multiple internal audiences
- Creativity and vision: You’ve built communications and engagement programs that drive business outcomes and inspire employees. You’re innovative and scrappy and take pride in your ability to connect themes and teams.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you’re known for building strong relationships up, down and across organizations.
- Strategic acumen: You see the big picture and you’re able to counsel and connect dots for leadership, business partners and employees. You understand how your contributions drive culture, support our values and shape the employee experience.
- Work independently, collaborate effectively, at all levels
- 7-10+ years of relevant communications experience, including executive support of multiple stakeholders
- You thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment because you see it as an opportunity to learn, grow and build something great together.
Emburse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Emburse complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-11