Senior Communications Manager
New York, NY
About Eden Health
Eden Health provides simple, tech-enabled primary care sold directly to employers. Our users enjoy immediate access to care over the Eden Health app, in our private clinics, and directly in their offices. We have transformed healthcare from an unpleasant necessity to a delightful experience focused on improving the lives of patients. The proof is in the outcomes: when companies work with us they have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs.
What you will be doing
Eden Health is seeking a Senior Communications Manager to handle all aspects of press relations. This role reports to the VP, Marketing and is based in New York City. The Senior Communications Manager will be responsible for managing an account team at a boutique agency and generate some press opportunities on their own. Duties include developing and shaping story ideas (including thought leadership pieces), revising press releases, preparing media and conference briefings, coordinating with reporters, trawling HARO for potential leads, maintaining lists of press mentions, and developing applications for awards and speaking engagements. In addition to national coverage, this role will be responsible for working with various teams to generate local coverage, particularly as Eden Health expands its footprint of medical offices in cities throughout the US. This may involve working with local partners and representing Eden Health in working with partners to secure greater exposure. As part of our integrated marketing team, the Senior Communications Manager will work side-by-side with a variety of marketing teammates on a variety of projects, such as product launches, events and content development.
What success looks like
- Develop appropriate quarterly KPIs and work with external partners to accomplish them
- Deliver same-day responses to all incoming press opportunities
- Prepare media and conference briefings that result in strong interviews or speaking engagements
- Serve as the liaison for our external PR team, providing them with information and guidance with speed and accuracy
- Serve as an internal resource, particularly for new office openings
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team to enhance marketing programs
What you will bring
- Superior understanding of business and the ability to react to changes in the situation
- 7-10 years of experience in a strategy, marketing or communications role, including at least 5 years in PR or journalism
- Healthcare and/or technology experience preferred
- Experience managing local PR initiatives
- Success in planning and managing concurrent press storylines or projects under tight deadlines
- Polished writing skills
- Poise in dealing with everyone from senior executives to partners to press
- Technologically savvy
- Flexibility to work on whatever is necessary in a high-paced startup environment
Why Eden Health?
- Fast-growing startup backed by leading venture capital firms Greycroft, Flare Capital, 645 Ventures, PJC and others
- Exciting product in one of the largest and fastest growing markets in the country
- Mission-driven culture passionate about improving access to healthcare for employees and their families
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO, healthy snacks, and regular happy hours
- Awesome team with a great comraderie – we work hard and have lots of fun!
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: email@example.com.
Job posted: 2021-03-10