Senior Communications Manager
Caroo is looking for an astute, strategic and passionate Communications Director to steward our authority in the recently pioneered Distributed Company Care category! This is a unique opportunity to lead the amplification of our mission, which is to empower organizations to create more caring and connected cultures so their people can do the best work of their lives.
This role will be integral to crafting and leading Caroo’s first attuned Marketing Communications Flywheel to drive brand awareness, affinity and performance amongst target audiences.
The ideal candidate is a forward-thinking, creative, analytical and results-driven seasoned professional with outstanding work ethic and overall communications prowess.
This opportunity is currently open to remote work, with an opportunity to join us in our LA or Chicago headquarters long-term (relocation not required).
What You’ll Do:
- Build, lead and drive efficacy of the new Caroo Marcomms Flywheel
- Write two thought leadership content pieces monthly and work with a highly collaborative (read: wonderful!) team to syndicate across all digital channels in an established cadence
- Sign and liaise with a Public Relations agency partner
- Sign and liaise with a 3rd party research partner to create proprietary industry data and statistics for brand and demand generation utility
- Ensure a constant stream of media hits, executive team podcast interviews, speaking engagements, influencer partnerships, and award submissions
- Oversee social media strategy, with departmental team members handling execution
- Drive product-level and masterbrand campaign launches
- Contract with (virtual) events and conferences for sponsorships and ABX performance
- Work closely with esteemed CEO, Sean Patrick Kelly, on distilling our high-level strategy into master messaging and brand iterations
- Report directly to the Vice President of Marketing with room for growth
Who You Are:
- You are a strong writer, able to embody the TOV of our CEO through longform written content
- You have a history of proven results from public relations and subsequent top-tier media hits
- You are at the pulse of current events, industry news and what our beacon brands are doing
- You use your astute awareness of societal happenings to guide and inform our work
- You are comfortable with executive-level collaboration
- You bring an informed point of view when stirring ideas with c-team members
- You practice agility when it comes to conducting light desk research to guide our brand actions and stance
- You’re a self-starter, comfortable with taking a vision and working in an autonomous environment to build a best-in-class MarComms flywheel
- At your heart, you have grit without ego and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You have 6 – 9 years of experience at an agency or inhouse, preferably with B2B experience
- You have a bachelor’s degree, ideally in journalism, public relations, communications or marketing
Life at Caroo
Caroo was founded to build a future of work where people feel connected wherever they are and companies can easily create their own unique culture that grows, adapts, and evolves just as they do.
Caroo’s mission is simple: To nourish and inspire people to do the best work of their lives. The company believes that when people feel seen, their talents shine. When people feel valued, they add value exponentially. And when people feel connected, there’s no limit to what they can achieve together. That’s why Caroo is obsessed with helping companies everywhere create meaningful moments of care that empower their teams to thrive.
Our commitment to delivering care and kindness starts with our own talented team and the communities we live in. Caroo is Great Places to Work Certified and has been named one of Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures. Our values center the whole human and empower our employees to care for their physical and mental wellbeing.
Caroo is a proud partner of Feeding America – donating meals to families in need for every Caroo product purchased. Since the partnership was established in 2016, Caroo has donated more than 17 million meals to families impacted by food insecurity.
Caroo is backed by venture capital firms like 3L Capital and has earned accolades in INC, Forbes, Fast Company. In two of the last three years, Caroo earned a spot on the Inc 5000’s list in 2018 and 2019 and was ranked the 2nd fastest growing company in LA. If you want to make an impact, take on a lot of responsibility and be a part of a thriving cloud culture, join us. We promise to help you grow professionally and personally, all while being surrounded by good people looking to transform the way companies care for their employees.
We’re Caroo. Welcome to the future of work!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-10