Senior Communications Manager
OMEGA is an industry-leading engineering firm providing consulting services throughout the greater Chicago region. Their team of skilled professionals provides engineering consultation for a variety of major projects —from large-scale expressway projects to multi-million-dollar roadways, bridges, transit stations, and railroad construction projects. With a client-focused approach, OMEGA provides project consultation, quality control, and engineering excellence that’s far ahead of the curve.
With expertise in civil engineering, construction management, program management, and structural engineering, OMEGA specializes in projects with a high degree of complexity and those which our clients deem of the highest importance. The OMEGA team has extensive experience serving clients including the Illinois Department of Transportation, Illinois Tollway, Chicago Department of Transportation, Chicago Department of Water Management, as well as the surrounding counties and municipalities. Simply stated, OMEGA builds what keeps you moving.
Reporting directly to the Project Executive, the Senior Communications Manager plays a vital role in a $4B transportation project and is responsible for overseeing communications, public affairs, and outreach duties for the project. Based out of Oak Brook, Illinois, this full-time position is eligible for OMEGA’s comprehensive benefits programs, including a competitive salary, health, life, disability insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan.
- Manage client relationships and collaborate with clients and engineering leadership to ensure project success.
- Develop presentation materials, including PowerPoint decks, exhibits, and other resources.
- Participate in project meetings to discuss community outreach, stakeholder updates, program messaging, and other communication items.
- Develop and refine “core” messages to ensure consistency, including accurate, clear, and consistent messaging for all program stakeholders and participants.
- Manage and execute community relations and public affairs activities.
- Draft and review press releases, media, and community alerts
- Establish and maintain single contact points with local communities, municipal governments, businesses, and organizations involved in the program.
- Anticipate and address any communications issues and coordinate solutions with impacted entities.
- Perform special projects and additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Government Affairs, or Political Science is preferred.
- At least five years of professional experience is required; prior experience working in engineering, Tollway, or transportation related-field is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with exceptional writing, proofing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a positive and professional attitude and client relationship management skills.
- Excellent project management skills with a highly organized and efficient approach. Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Experience in developing an effective communication strategy with a strong emphasis on crisis communications.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and external constraints.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint.
- Ability to interpret and communicate highly technical information for a layperson audience.
- Availability to attend occasional meetings and events in the evenings.
Job posted: 2021-06-05