Senior Communications Manager, Content
AWS Training and Certification is passionate about training and certifying customers of all shapes and sizes and revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud IT skills and careers. We are seeking talented Communications Manager who is passionate about cloud technology, learning, and storytelling and can help us effectively communicate to a diverse and global audience through a variety of channels.
As the Senior Communications Manager of Content, you will build and manage our content and editorial strategy, enabling us to deliver the right communication to the right audience at the right time. You have excellent writing and editing skills, and the ability to establish a professional, consistent message across a range of communications channels and audiences. You will work backwards from customer to craft clear and concise messaging to communicate the value of T&C offerings. You will provide developmental/structural editing support for messaging and content developed by other stakeholders. This role will also be responsible for building best practices and resources to help train content creators on creating effective messaging and communications.
The ideal candidate must have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, a collaborative work style, and the ability to discern ambiguous requirements to generate clear, concise communications that enable the organization to work more efficiently and effectively. The right candidate is extremely data-driven and comfortable with writing and executing on various types of communications and programs; demonstrated experience working effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure entrepreneurial environment with a strong desire to roll up your sleeves; and proven experience managing priorities and working effectively across a number of internal stakeholders. This role may have one or more direct reports.
· Deliver and manage the overarching Training and Certification editorial calendar, partnering with cross-functional teams to define key themes, messages, and channels.
· Develop and manage topline messaging which communicates the value of T&C.
· Write and edit compelling and effective copy for a variety of audiences and channels including (but not limited to) blogs, newsletters, presentations, and announcements.
· Provide developmental and copy editing support that improves the content, structure, style, tone, and grammar of a variety of content types, including business narratives, emails, blogs, and presentations.
· Build and maintain a scalable, repeatable process for high-level content development, reviews, and amplification.
· Contribute to building toolkits, templates, training, and processes to promote self-service and communication best practices across the organization.
· Establish and track communications metrics and make recommendations to improve communications channels and initiatives.
· Propose and promote writing and communications standards, and actively participate in creating mechanisms to scale best practices across the organization.
· 7+ years of professional experience in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field.
· 5+ years’ experience developing content for multiple audiences and channels, preferably at a high-growth, technology company.
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
· Exceptional writing, grammar, and editing skills, with the ability to articulate a clear point of view on complicated issues in clear, concise communications.
· Experience developing communication plans, and managing multiple projects, stakeholders, and deadlines simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced and complex environment.
· Track record of creating content strategy for various internal and external audiences, managing multiple deliverables, and meeting deadlines.
· A diverse portfolio that represents a range of content and shows your passion for connecting with readers.
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, Communications or a related field.
· Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment; IT/technology marketing experience preferred.
· Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
· Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
· Excellent project management skills; highly organized and detail oriented.
· Proven ability to think strategically and implement ideas from ideation and development to measurement and evaluation.
· Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time-frames.
· Problem-solver with strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, business acumen, and the ability to find creative ways to optimize performance.
· Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services strongly preferred.
· Familiar with Chicago Manual of Style.
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results at a global level.
Role can be based in Seattle, Washington or Northern Virginia/Washington DC. Other U.S. locations where Amazon has a presence will be considered.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-08