Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Communications Manager- US
- United States – Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago’s Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the Role:
Reporting into the Director of Communications, Americas, this individual will set and guide the strategy for all communications narratives in the US, will lead the US Communications team and ensure that we consistently articulate Dyson’s vision and missions.
This individual will work closely with a senior peer group within the Global Communications Leadership Team to drive communications on a global scale, ensuring consistency with global strategy while representing the needs and differences of the US to that peer group. This individual will also work closely with the local business leadership team as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives both internally and externally.
- Provide strategic communications advice to US President and Leadership team.
- Devise and implement excellent internal and external communications strategies focused on telling stories around our core technology, our machines, our people and places and the Dyson philosophy.
- Lead the US Communications team to promote good news and manage the bad to inspire our users to spread the word on our behalf.
- Oversee a programme of proactive media to build Dyson’s reputation as an innovating engineering company focused on our owners’ wellbeing.
- Oversee the monitoring, analysis and response to press coverage and social media interactions on a timely basis and across a wide spectrum of media.
- Identify emerging issues and opportunities facing the organization and design strategies to manage their impact including crisis management.
- Own the voice of Dyson in the US and ensure a consistently high level of execution across all channels.
- Manage budgets to ensure we have the tools and resources to carry out global and regional announcements.
- Drive team to develop and maintain strong media and influencer relationships, ensuring Dyson maximizes coverage and endorsement opportunities.
- Create and launch new communications campaigns to support new products and communications activities; measure success of campaigns and report back to senior leadership.
- Ensure that all opportunities for the local Leadership Team, Global Leadership Team and Jake/James Dyson are properly vetted.
- Develop narratives alongside relevant business team or HR for delivery of Dyson culture and business strategy.
- Hire, manage and develop the US Communications team.
- Act as a key advisor to the business and leadership teams during issue management or crisis communications scenarios.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in Communications, Journalism or related field preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in Communications, Journalism and/or Social Media
- Experience in building world-class communications teams and developing key talent
- High energy, with the maturity to properly position Communications versus Marketing at both strategic and tactical levels
- Relationship builder, comfortable with operating within a global communications team where many key relationships are international – UK, Singapore and in key Clusters
- Proven track record of delivering best in class communications campaigns and building company awareness
- Highly self-motivated and proactive with the mindset of making each communications campaign different and better versus the last
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional copywriting in English
- Must be bilingual (Spanish or Portuguese)
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-09-18