Senior Communications (PR/AR) Manager
San Mateo, CA
Joining Tipalti means you’re stepping onto a fintech unicorn rocketship pointed towards greatness. We’re the financial execution experts powering high-velocity companies and eliminating the pain in payables. Tipalti eliminates up to 80% of the payables workload for finance and accounting departments. Our AI-driven technology does the work no one wants to do, and we do it better than anyone.
The position of Sr. Manager, Communications is an opportunity to play a critical role in the Corporate Marketing team, from executing media and analyst engagement strategy to product launches and awards/reviews. Tipalti has a unique story to tell as both a foundational technology to massively successful businesses and in its holistic approach to an antiquated back-office process. We’re looking for a motivational relationship builder and storyteller who can light a fire in our media awareness. We want to move away from cookie-cutter PR and have an authentic, meaningful dialogue with the outer world.
- Lead overall communications and other strategic initiatives – including working with executives in thought-leadership programs.
- Work closely with the marketing, product, and executive teams to proactively identify and promote unique stories of how Tipalti helps high-growth companies.
- Establish Tipalti’s brand narrative with media, influencers, and analysts.
- Build out the analyst function and maintain relationships.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product marketing, content, demand generation, customer, event, and sales teams to develop strategic messaging for PR campaigns.
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and create communications strategies and recommendations based on them.
- Support key executives and provide strategic counsel regarding public relations and social media opportunities.
- Develop and nurture relationships with journalists, analysts, and influencers in business, trade, and fintech/finance media.
- Write press releases, bylines, blogs, and other collateral as assigned.
- Lead global PR and corporate PR; day-to-day management of PR agency.
- Identify potential awards and accolades for the company, product, and executives.
- 5-7 years of PR and analyst relations experience (preferred in B2B company).
- Existing relationships with journalists at technology and business-focused media outlets.
- Excellent writing skills across a wide range of deliverables; from traditional PR to blogs to contributed content.
- Passion for creative storytelling, written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative PR campaigns grounded in insights resulting in rich, compelling stories across earned and owned channels.
- Experience with technology products and brands.
- Enthusiasm for driving creative ideas that push boundaries and shape the business.
- Exceptional attention to detail and communication skills.
- Comfortable in ambiguous, fast-moving environments.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to activate their business models and dramatically reduce AP friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we’re a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, what fuels us is a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 99% customer retention built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means “We handled it,” an aesthetic our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti oﬀers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you be an impact player and thrive! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-28