Senior Communications Specialist
As part of Sleep Number’s corporate communications team, the communications Sr. Specialist will work closely with the communications Team Lead by:
- Executing comprehensive and innovative communication plans that create engagement and alignment to company priorities and initiatives.
- Develop content across a variety of mediums primarily focused on internal channels.
- Consistently communicating simple, authentic and transparent communications ensuring the right information is shared with the right audience at the right time.
- Communication planning: Lead the development and execution of communication plans and programs that tell a cohesive story, engage team members and inspire action.
- Excellent writing: Write clear and compelling communications, materials and leadership messages that drive engagement, manage change and create a sense of belonging.
- Content management: Manage the editorial calendar and distribution logistics for communications, and work with partners to identify opportunities to cross-leverage content internally.
- Research and metrics: Conduct research by collecting data and insights to inform a thoughtful and strategic communications approach including ongoing dashboards to inform communications effectiveness.
- Partner management: Partner with Communications Team Lead to build relationships with key internal and external partners, subject matter experts and leadership to ensure the right audiences receive the right information at the right time.
- At least 3-5 years of communications, marketing, Public Relations and/or social media related background required
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, integrated marketing, social media, or liberal arts degree.
- Exhibits strong writing skills.
- Able to interact with all levels of the organization and influence decisions with tact and confidence.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing, results-oriented environment where priorities are constantly shifting.
- Strong customer-service orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration to contribute to a positive workplace.
- Able to handle highly sensitive information and situations effectively.
- Able to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, solve problems, be flexible, and work independently.
- Able to identify and follow a set timeline for approvals and distribution of content.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite and social media channels.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
We’re passionate about improving lives. Be part of a health, wellness and technology revolution with quality sleep at its core. Join Team Sleep Number.
- 600+ Sleep Number® stores with more than 4,600 employees nationwide
- Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with manufacturing and distribution facilities in South Carolina and Utah and a customer contact center in Louisiana
- Innovator in smart bed technology with Silicon Valley-based SleepIQ® LABS
- Exclusive owner of the end-to-end experience: manufacturer, marketer, retailer and servicer of the Sleep Number® bed
- More than $1.7 billion annual revenue in 2019
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-02