Senior Communications Specialist
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Communications has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Communications Specialist to lead strategic communications planning and implementation for the Government Satellite Systems division of Boeing in El Segundo, California.
Boeing’s satellite division is a key business area within the Space and Launch division. Critical national programs like Wideband Global Satcom (WGS) and the X-37B spaceplane make this an exciting and challenging role.
We’re looking for a passionate storyteller who will add value to the business and find new and creative ways to share the Boeing Satellites story with external and internal audiences. The successful candidate will be adept at balancing sensitive information with the need to mitigate risks, leverage opportunities and share messages with complex constituencies in a strategic manner. The successful candidate will work in close coordination with communications colleagues, leaders and subject matter experts within the business, across space and launch and will collaborate with Boeing communicators throughout the company.
- Develop and lead the execution of the Strategic Communications Plan to support the Government Satellite Systems business.
- Develop and lead the execution of Strategic Communications Plans to support Boeing’s Government Satellites campaigns and X-37B program.
- Develop social media plans, news releases, speeches, statements, response-to-queries, talking points, backgrounders, fact sheets, web-based materials, etc.
- Provide direct support and Communications counsel to the Government Satellites leadership team.
- Serve as the Boeing’s spokesperson for the Government Satellites business and X-37B program.
- Identify and create opportunities for current and future leaders to engage with internal and external audiences. Conduct media and/or presentations skills training, and provide leaders with post-engagement feedback to drive continuous improvements in Communications efficacy.
- Manage and plan the promotion of stories to key media and evaluate the merit of media inquiries; cultivate and maintain relationships with media contacts.
- Coordinate across the business and with internal and external stakeholders on campaigns, events and milestone-driven public relations activities, trade shows, etc.
- Partner across the Space and Launch division as needed to support the execution of high-priority Communications activities.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Background in corporate communications, including extensive experience in media relations, employee engagement communications, digital media.
- Well-practiced digital content creation skills, including the ability to shoot and edit video for social media platforms.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- An active U.S. Secret Security Clearance.
- A thorough understanding of Department of Defense, Air Force and Space Force structures and programs.
- Impeccable writing skills, including news and feature-writing.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to team effectively with professional communicators and senior business partners.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to motivate and inspire teams comprising peers and senior managers.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 15 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+13 years’ related work experience, 19 years’ related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Employee Referral Program:
This job is eligible for Employee Referral Program
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-09