Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Communications Specialist – International Partnerships Program
The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is pleased to announce the opening of a new Senior Communications Specialist position and invites all eligible applicants to apply. ICCT is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that provides data-driven research to advance policies that reduce the health and environmental impacts of the transportation sector. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our team of more than 100 talented researchers and operations staff with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, Beijing, and São Paulo.
The ICCT is looking for a Senior Communications Specialist to join our International Partnerships Program, working to support the transition of the transport sector towards zero-emission technologies. You will develop and implement communications strategy and outreach activities for external partnerships in which ICCT supports governments committed to accelerating transitions to zero-emission vehicles, including the ZEV Transition Council , ZEV Declaration, International Zero Emission Vehicle Alliance, and The Real Urban Emissions initiative. The position is part of ICCT’s Communications Team and will report to ICCT’s Communications Manager. You will work closely with project managers and research staff. You will be based in our Washington, D.C. office.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in a relevant discipline and possess significant professional experience in communications, journalism, or public relations; have experience working in an international context; have practical knowledge of public policy making and be familiar with main themes and challenges in climate policy and transportation policy; and demonstrate an interest in solving our most pressing global health and environmental challenges.
- Lead the development and implementation of communications and outreach strategies for external partnerships where ICCT acts as Secretariat
- Compile information, create material (e.g., press releases, fact sheets, briefings), and publicize the progress of signatories to international zero-emission vehicle commitments
- Manage websites and social media accounts for external partnerships
- Organize and manage virtual and in-person events, such as webinars, workshops, and meetings.
- Coordinate the translation of communication pieces
- Develop and maintain media contact lists
- Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline. Master’s level or other graduate-level degree is a plus
- 5-7 years of work experience in journalism, communications, or a related field
- Public policy experience
- Experience writing for print- or web-based publications and social media
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- A demonstrated interest in environmental issues
This full-time position will be based in our Washington, D.C office. Your salary will be $84,600. We offer an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, substantial paid vacation, hybrid/remote work flexibilities, retirement contribution with generous 7% employer contribution, transportation subsidies, and other benefits.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two relevant writing samples (links to other applicable work products within your resume are also welcome).
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Job posted: 2022-08-05