Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Communications Specialist, USAID Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs
Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis Professional Services seeks a Senior Communications Specialist to support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA). The start date is immediate.
- Drafts a range of communications materials for various audiences and purposes, often on short deadlines.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively across Agency bureaus and missions to produce, track, and/or distribute communications products.
- Ensures internal communications products are of high, professional quality that inform, engage and inspire Agency staff.
- Amplifies key Agency news, events, and initiatives.
- Produces and manages project and communications campaign plans for internal communication content and initiatives.
- Drafts and manages communication strategies from conception through delivery, evaluation and assessment.
- Independently manages complex projects.
- Creates and contributes to the creation of newsletters and other outreach materials including the use of third party vendors (e.g. email publishing or other).
- Creates and shares original designs and templates for internal communications products, including, but not limited to: event posters, campaign flyers, newsletters, infographics, and PowerPoint presentations.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications or a related field.
- Five+ years of experience writing and implementing communication campaigns.
- Five+ years of experience writing a range of communications materials for various audiences.
- A demonstrated ability to successfully work cooperatively and collaboratively to produce, track, and/or distribute communications products.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active secret clearance.
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.
If you are hired for a position that is paid from the Dexis home office, you will be required to submit proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine unless you qualify for a legally recognized medical or religious exception to the vaccine requirement. This does not apply to AL, AZ, FL, KS, MT, NH, ND, or TX residents.
Job posted: 2023-01-10