Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Communications Specialist (USAID/LPA)
Company: ZemiTek, LLC
ZemiTek is a Woman-Owned, SBA-certified 8(a) Small Disadvantage Business (SDB) based in the Washington, DC metro area. We have a strong record delivering innovative and high-quality solutions. Since 2007, ZemiTek has provided technical assistance, project management, information technology (IT), knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, training and learning development, and institutional support services.
Title: Senior Communications Specialist (USAID/LPA)
Through ZemiTek’s LPA-ISC contract, USAID’s Office of Legislative and Public Affairs, is seeking a Senior Communications Specialist to support their internal communications team.
- Provide efficient and effective communication strategy from conception through delivery.
- Evaluation and assessment using repeatable and adjustable models reflecting industry government and non-governmental organization best practices.
- Ensure content and branding consistency and compliance throughout the entire platform(s).
- Update and enforce consistency of an agency-wide style guide that provides site standardization across the site(s) for all content editors.
- Maintain and produce effective metrics and documentation processes to evaluate and enhance the full communication spectrum using industry best practices.
- Strategize to manage content that tells the USAID story to an internal global audience.
- Partner with bureau and Agency stakeholders to create and maintain content management and collaboration engagement calendars.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content related to the USAID brand, mission and core values plus provide analysis reports to LPA leadership.
- Create concepts, wireframes, and designs that deliver a compelling user experience, drive user behavior and communicate key ideas.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications or a related field.
• Five+ years of experience writing and implementing communication campaigns and strategies.
• Five+ years of experience writing a range of communications materials for various audiences and purposes.
• A demonstrated ability to successfully work cooperatively and collaboratively to produce, track, and/or distribute communications products.
If you are hired for a ZemiTek corporate, project or consultant position, we will require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine and are fully vaccinated, unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation due to a valid religious or medical reason preventing you from being vaccinated.
ZemiTek is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law.
ZemiTek embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
ZemiTek is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, ZemiTek will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location of the position: Hybrid (Office/Remote)
Instructions on how applicants should submit their materials: https://careers-zemitek.icims.com/jobs/1162/senior-communications-specialist-%28usaid-lpa%29/job
Job posted: 2022-04-28