Senior Community Impact Manager
Indeed is seeking an experienced social impact leader to help shape and drive the expansion of our global Social Impact efforts. To date, Indeed’s Social Impact work has focused primarily on national/multinational partnerships and product innovation to promote more inclusive hiring. The Senior Manager, Community Impact role will build and lead the new Community Impact pillar of the Social Impact program, focused on expanding access to opportunity in the communities where Indeed has offices.
This role will work with the Head of Social Impact to build the Community Impact vision, strategy and team and oversee execution of Indeed’s Community Impact work globally. You will also be directly responsible for execution of our Community Impact efforts in Austin, TX, Indeed’s US headquarters. You is a proven social impact leader, a keen strategist who can drive multi-stakeholder projects from idea to execution, a natural relationship builder and influencer, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced, data-driven, test and learn culture.
- Lead the development and execution of Indeed’s global Community Impact vision and strategy, with a focus on identifying the assets Indeed can uniquely leverage to support greater opportunity in the communities where Indeed has offices around the world.
- Activities may include but are not limited to: provision of job seeker resources directly or through community partnerships, employee volunteering, local talent partnerships, civic engagement, product support/donations, charitable giving and/or strategic use of Indeed space
- Initial focus cities: Austin, TX; Stamford, CT; and Dublin, Ireland; eventual expansion to cover all Indeed locations globally
- Build and manage a small, global Community Impact team, starting with one current Community Impact Manager in Dublin; identify ways to partner with existing (or create new) employee engagement initiatives for additional capacity
- Establish and oversee global corporate giving, disaster relief, and employee volunteer programs
- Directly manage Indeed’s Community Impact efforts in Austin, TX, Indeed’s US headquarters, in alignment with the global strategy.
- Work directly to build and sustain meaningful relationships with community partners and coalitions, civic leaders and other key external and internal stakeholders
- Shape Indeed’s involvement and represent the organization across a range of Austin community-focused efforts, and support/facilitate strategic engagement by Indeed senior leaders. This includes supporting participation in workforce councils and similar activities
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of the important issues affecting Austin and surrounding communities, in particular those related to economic and workforce issues, as well as key actors and emerging efforts related to those issues. Keep Austin senior leadership informed on evolving issues, opportunities and implications for Indeed
- Build strong relationships with colleagues at all levels and collaborate regularly across internal functions, including close collaboration with Indeed senior leadership in Austin; PR; Employee Communications; Employee Experience (HR); Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (HR); Job Seeker Experience (Marketing); and Real Estate teams, among others
- Partner with the Indeed PR team to identify opportunities to represent Indeed’s perspective on local community and labor market issues and drive local awareness of Indeed as a purpose-driven brand
- Work closely with other members of the Social Impact team to promote a culture of testing, measurement, knowledge sharing and continuous learning within the team as we identify and pursue the most promising impact approaches for Indeed
Who You Are
- 7+ years professional experience in community affairs, corporate affairs, corporate citizenship/CSR, social impact, government affairs, public relations, public affairs or related field involving multi-stakeholder community program development and management
- Demonstrated knowledge of Austin community-based organizations and other key stakeholders (e.g., government, corporate, education) focused on economic opportunity and related issues.
- Familiarity with workforce development issues strongly preferred
- Proven record of defining and moving projects from concept to completion and experience with piloting ideas and scaling what works
- Proven ability to influence, build consensus and maintain alignment across multiple stakeholders and functions
- Strong project management experience; ability to execute detail-oriented project management across multiple projects at same time
- Excellent written and verbal communications with ability to adapt style, message, and format across diverse internal and external audiences
- Self-starter with the ability to drive projects independently
- Experience managing and analyzing a range of OKRs to measure performance and drive strategic decision-making and prioritization
- Energized by working in a fast-paced, data-driven culture
Who We Are
Our Human Resources team champions our culture while working tirelessly to attract and retain the best people. With HR teams in every major Indeed office globally, we value a consistent and empowering experience for all of our Indeed employees and those we hope to hire.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We’re looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2020)
Work in Austin
Job posted: 2021-02-28