Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Congressional Affairs Analyst
MDW Associates is seeking a Senior Congressional Analyst to support OSD R&E at the Pentagon. This candidate will provide the necessary level of administrative, professional, and technical support required to facilitate the overall objectives of R&E congressional activities and strategy. The candidate will coordinate, lead, and plan the full range of complex congressional activities and communications on behalf of the OUSD(R&E) and the Deputy Chief Technology Officers.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Managing and maintaining congressional workflow, support, and tasking systems, including but not limited to: CHARRTS, OLC Web, DoDCTS, and CATMS workflow.
- Responding to special assignments as required to support emerging requirements and multifunctional administrative support services.
- Meeting on a recurring basis with congressional counterparts within R&E to ensure awareness and coordination of legislative activities across the R&E enterprise.
- Managing and maintaining congressional reporting requirements for R&E
- Creating and maintaining workflow reporting and analysis documents and products as required by R&E.
- Managing inter-Department special projects on behalf of the OUSD(R&E).
- Collating, editing, formatting, or otherwise refining special R&E-level reports.
- Analyzing written and oral inquiries and responses from the Offices of the Under and Assistant Secretaries of Defense in the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Military Departments, and congressional Members and Staff.
- Retrieving, assembling, and organizing information from files, congressional information services, and other office reference materials.
- Managing General Administrative Duties such as verifying, passing, and maintaining staff security clearances and receiving, processing and maintaining building/hill badge requests for staff and congressional committee members.
- Responding to congressional inquiries.
- Documenting of congressional reports and analysis.
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience working congressional actions
- Two years of directly related to working on Capitol Hill to include: legislative proposals, congressional reports, and research of congressional language.
- A minimum of two year of experience in legislative systems management in the Department of Defense is required.
- A minimum of one year of experience in congressional briefing management and direct congressional staff interaction and support as a DoD representative is highly desirable.
- A minimum of one year of experience in direct OSD principal (USD, ASD or DDR&E) management is highly desirable.
Education Requirement/Required Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Political Science and a minimum of five years’ experience is required. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Candidates for this position must have a TS/SCI clearance.
Incorporated in 2012, MDW is a small business headquartered in Washington, DC with offices in Huntsville, AL. We provide Federal government clients with consulting, management services, advisory and assistance services, decision support, strategic planning, process planning and improvement, task execution and metrics analysis. Our mission is to make our clients more successful by providing honest assessments, exceptional analysis, prudent advice, direct communication, and hard work.
Our core capabilities include:
- Strategic Planning
- Cost Estimating
- Budget Programming and Justification
- Budget Execution
- Acquisition Management
- Financial Systems Support & Integration
MDW Associates, LLC (“MDW”) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy or any other unlawful basis unrelated to the ability to do the job. MDW seeks to employ talented, ethical, and entrepreneurial-minded persons. Our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination as required by Federal law.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits and compensation package for our employees, including but not limited to:
- Group Life Insurance/Long Term Disability/Short Term Disability
- Flexible Leave Policy
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-08-23