Senior Congressional Analyst
Provides real-time, informed, decision support to leadership and congressional activities personnel at the federal level.
- Provide legislative training to officers, congressional fellows, and other staff personnel as duties are assigned.
- Provide in-depth analysis of annual authorization and appropriations bills, National Guard, Veterans, and Homeland Security related legislation and proposals, procedural resolutions and publications and provide the analytical tracking tools necessary to convey the information continuously.
- Provide continual support to division leadership in business process evaluation, design and implementation.
- Provide U. S. Code research products and comment for legislative initiatives.
- Monitor Congressional Record, GPO publications, and media for National Guard related information and provide written information updates as required.
- Build, administer and advise LL plan for legislative strategy, engagement strategy, and congressional hearing preparation.
- Provide election, biographical, and issue-centered reports and analysis on Congressional members and prospective members in various forms including standard leadership bios, the database model, and voter trend assessments.
- Respond to information and analysis requests from NGB directorates and divisions, professional legislative staff members, liaison officers and leadership as required.
- Prepare Division input for Leadership briefings/prepare briefings.
- Design and continuously redesign information display products to be simple, effective, accurate, and user friendly.
- Provide daily political information updates using the web site model to include upcoming, present, and past hearing information, transcripts, new and developing legislation, legal impacts, projected trends, research tools and status’ and Executive actions.
- Provide location independent database application for Member information and labeling. (dependent on PA database server).
- May perform other duties as required.
General Job Information
- BS in related area and five years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of experience working with the NGB.
- Work product must exhibit a highly developed understanding of the Legislative process with respect to technical aspects of House/Senate relations and operations. Incumbent must possess basic understanding of U. S. Code and other regulatory guidance in order to provide meaningful analysis.
- Must demonstrate intimate knowledge of DoD and OMB budget submission process, DoD’s legislative proposal program, and DoD, Army and Air Force acquisitions procedures.
- Must possess the technical system features to convey information in a professional an accessible manner.
- Knowledge of MS Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing with all levels of personnel.
- Must display tact, poise and diplomacy with all levels of staff and customers.
- US Citizenship is required. Candidates will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to government information as required.
- Ability to obtain a valid Secret security clearance.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Job posted: 2020-07-20