Senior Coordinator, Card Policy Council
American Bankers Association
ABA is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented advocacy operations professional who is looking to begin their government relations career in a key ABA policy office.
The successful candidate will coordinate logistical processes and member communications for the Card Policy Council (CPC). The Senior Coordinator, CPC will be relied upon by senior team members to deliver consistently excellent service to CPC stakeholders. They will be detail-focused yet always aware of the larger purpose of the office’s work, and thrive in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment.
Reporting to the VP, Card Policy Council and supporting other team members as assigned, this position offers the opportunity to learn the essential tasks of a modern government relations office and become an integral part of the success of a high-performing advocacy team.
A successful candidate will devote a varying but substantial amount of their time to the following core activities:
- member communications including drafting letters, news bulletins, event summaries, and other copy for members and others. Responsible for executing a member communications strategy that keeps members informed and engaged. Including research to support these communications.
- scheduling frequent in-person meetings and calls with stakeholders located across the country. Obtaining participants’ availability, aligning calendars, and identifying possible meeting times for busy meeting participants will require persistence and patience.
- financial management including billing members for services (A/R), payment of vendor invoices (A/P), contract approval and renewal process management, filing misc. finance forms, and expense and revenue tracking/forecasting. Financial management occurs within a highly-accountable company culture and in compliance with established organizational procedures (training provided).
- meeting planning encompassing the logistical and operational tasks connected with successfully executing these meetings, including: reserving meeting spaces and conference lines, ordering supplies and catering, and coordinating with ABA colleagues and vendors. Primary day-of event coordination responsibilities. Takes lead on planning of 1-2 major member events per year.
- customer relations management (CRM) consisting of maintaining and updating records of stakeholder contacts. Intranet management.
- 4 year degree related to government relations administration, business, public policy, economics or liberal arts
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Highly organized and prepared to consistently execute complex administrative processes.
- Solves unique and complex problems quickly, with tact and discretion.
- Comfortable with routine feedback on and editing of work product.
- Flexibility regarding after-hours work (laptop and phone provided).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and other common business software such as databases, and experience with A/P systems. Microsoft Sharepoint and basic website editing experience preferred.
- Basic desktop publishing and bookkeeping skills, or interest in learning.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing and customer service.
- Must take ownership and prudent initiative in a fast-paced, tight-knit team environment where flexibility, organization, and teamwork are essential.
- Experience as a Scheduler, Administrative Director or Legislative Correspondent in Congress or at an agency is preferred
Please submit an application at the following link:
Job posted: 2019-08-29