Senior Coordinator, Policy & Government Relations
Department: Policy & Government Relations
Reports to: Vice President, Policy & Government Relations
Classification: Full time, Exempt
What We Are About:
AMCP is the professional association leading the way to help patients get the medications they need at a cost they can afford. AMCP’s diverse membership of pharmacists, physicians, nurses, and professionals in life sciences and biopharmaceutical companies leverage their specialized expertise in clinical evidence and economics to optimize medication benefit design and population health management and help patients access cost-effective and safe medications and other drug therapies. AMCP members improve the lives of nearly 300 million Americans served by private and public health plans, pharmacy benefit management firms, and emerging care models.
What This Job is About:
The Senior Coordinator, Policy & Government Relations offers operational and administrative support to the Policy & Government Relations team to provide cohesiveness and ensure continuity of workflow. This role interacts across all levels of the association and with important external stakeholders to handle the logistical implementation of programs, special projects, and meetings. The Senior Coordinator is also responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the department’s website presence, creation of meeting minutes, and refining presentation slides.
More specifically, key responsibilities include:
- Handles meeting and event logistics including relevant committees for important external stakeholders and staff. Prepares and disseminates agendas, develops meeting minutes, and processes expense reports.
- Designs/formats/organizes presentation slides and other materials.
- Coordinates activities related to new program/project development to support Policy & Government Relations programs and projects. Serves as the conduit for team connectivity.
- Utilizes project management skills to document project deliverables, manage roles, identify resource requirements, and follow-up to ensure timelines are met.
- Manages and updates web content for the Policy & Government Relations team.
- Helps coordinate and develop content for the Legislative and Regulatory Briefing monthly newsletter.
- Organizes logistics for AMCP’s Legislative Days program and other legislative events, to include overseeing the scheduling of congressional meetings, preparing materials, confirming participants, and other related tasks.
- Handles logistics for the APPE program.
- Assists in legislative and regulatory monitoring reporting and AMCP grassroots activities.
- Assists with logistics related to visits by members and others to AMCP Headquarters and the department’s external meetings in coordination with office administration.
- Collaborates with Policy & Government Relations department staff to organize and manage department documents and other records to comply with the record retention policy.
What You Are About:
Your excitement and drive to serve AMCP members and improve the lives of patients across the country is your motivation.
You aspire to make a difference and possess the following skills and competencies;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills; oral and written.
- Ability to effectively interact with staff, association’s members, and other stakeholders to build professional relations.
- Effectively coordinates and administers tasks, projects, and activities simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and organize with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree and one to three years working experience in an administrative or project management role; or equivalent combined education and working experience. Experience on Capitol Hill, at a health care, professional, or scientific company or association is preferred.
- Commitment to advance the organization’s desired culture, which focuses on collaboration, high performance, accountability, respect and trust.
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suites—Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Adapts to changing priorities.
What You Will Get Out of It:
- Work with a staff that has a passion for our mission, believes in each other and has some fun along the way.
- Professional development opportunities to grow your career.
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-26