Senior Development and Board Relations Associate
New York’s leading fiscal watchdog and source for unbiased, impactful research on New York City and New York State government finances, policy, and operations seeks a dynamic and energetic Senior Development Associate (“Senior Associate”) to manage, grow, and diversify its Board of Trustees. The Senior Associate will be an accomplished professional with development and event planning experience and superior attention to detail and organizational skills.
Reporting to the Citizens Budget Commission’s (CBC’s) President, the Senior Associate manages communications and relations with 150 Board members and collaborates with CBC’s Development Consultant in Board recruitment, retention, and fundraising activities. The Senior Associate also manages CBC’s Annual Dinner for approximately 600 people, including logistics, vendor relations, and activities to achieve fundraising goals.
- Recruiting and retaining board members and New Leaders, CBC’s early career professional group; includes strategically planning and executing new initiatives
- Managing communications and developing relationships with the Board of Trustees
- Managing communications with key stakeholders
- Conducting research on individuals and firms to identify potential Trustees
- Tracking prospect cultivation activities
- Soliciting, collecting, and tracking all contributions, including membership dues from the Board of Trustees
- At least 4 years of development experience in nonprofit, civic, or policy organizations
- Experience developing relationships with senior executives in private firms and nonprofit organizations
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or similar platforms
- Collaborative team spirit with capability to work independently
- Interest in and knowledge of New York City/State government, public policy, and the policy and business community preferred
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2020-10-07