Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Digital Communications Specialist (Engagement)
Compassion & Choices is seeking a Senior Digital Communications Specialist to advance our work to improve care, expand options and empower everyone to chart their end-of-life journey.
This position reports to the Director of Digital Programs and has overall responsibility for creating, managing and implementing the digital strategy for the organization’s commitment to engaging historically underrepresented communities and the clinician and healthcare professionals.
This is a full-time, remotely-located, paid position. Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience.
We offer excellent benefits including employer-shared medical and dental insurance premiums, employer-paid short- and long-term disability, life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance, flexible spending account for medical and child care, commuter pre-tax benefit, eligibility to participate in 401K with generous 5% employer match and 100% vested at time of eligibility, 12 paid holidays, 17 PTO days first year, and personal days.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
- Leading the development and implementation of integrated digital communications plans for C&C’s programmatic needs as identified per position; provides strategic digital communications guidance for the programmatic project leads and related teams.
- Identifies digital engagement and fundraising opportunities and directs those efforts.
- Writes and produces digital assets including email, blogs, and social posts.
- Manages social media strategy as needed.
- Builds, schedules, and sends email content.
- Updates webpages.
- Creates and monitors social media content.
- Serves as an ambassador for the Digital Communications department at strategy meetings and stays current on substantive developments in end of life campaigns by reading latest literature, attending meetings, and maintaining contact with relevant sources.
- Assures project workflow across multiple department work groups (programs, creative, social media, policy, development, federal, etc.), leading to preparation of timely and effective digital communications materials.
- Ensure digital communications products are always respectful, culturally competent, and inclusive.
- Demonstrates commitment to and active support of C&C’s Diversity & Inclusion program.
- Other duties as required.
Preferred Qualifications (You will be a good fit):
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Political Science, or related field is required — or combination of formal and informal education with 2-4 years’ experience may be considered.
- Experience may include work on Capitol Hill, in a state legislative office, on a political campaign, in an issue advocacy organization, or in another position that involves developing written content, not limited to social media.
- Ability to write email, press documents, blogs, articles, ads, fliers, and other necessary materials that motivate new and existing supporters to engage in the end-of-life choice movement.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level attention to detail; ability to meet all deadlines
- Strong HTML email knowledge
- Project management skills
- Partner relationship management skills
- Experience working in a CRM
- Experience using an email automation system such as EveryAction, Eloqua Marketo, SFMC, or something similar
- Experience using a CMS such as WordPress, Drupal, or something similar
- Canva experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Computer Skills: Working knowledge of media monitoring software, Google suite, MS Office
About Compassion & Choices
Across the nation, Compassion & Choices works to create a society that affirms life and accepts the inevitability of death, embraces expanded options for compassionate dying, and empowers everyone to choose end-of-life care that reflects their values, priorities and beliefs. To make this vision a reality, we improve care, expand options and empower everyone to chart their end-of-life journey.
Compassion & Choices is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-09-04