Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Digital Manager
Color Of Change
New York, NY; Washington, D.C.; Los Angeles, CA; Oakland, CA
ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE
Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. As a national online force driven by over seven million members, we help people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us, moving decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people in America. We activate our members to take action on crucial issues—from criminal justice to media representations to the social safety net and voter freedom—so that we can build the power necessary to transform the written and unwritten rules of society.
The Senior Digital Manager is a key position within the Digital Team, perfect for someone who is both able to hold the big picture and minute details in their mind at the same time. This position reports to the Digital Director and responsibilities include:
- Develop and refine systems to effectively track and test digital engagement across all the geographies that we’re working in
- Execute key pieces of the work; set high standards for execution for the rest of the team
- Manage Digital Managers; help recruit and hire new DMs as necessary
- Oversee a metrics-driven digital ads program to help us channel the right people to our offline events and leadership development tracks
- Always be thinking about how to improve the online user experience of Color Of Change members
- Spearhead member listening initiatives to help us not only run a more effective organizing program this year but also run more strategic accountability campaigns in 2023 and beyond
Qualifications: The right candidate will have a strong mix of the following:
- A strong racial justice analysis, and a commitment to centering and uplifting Black joy
- Significant digital campaigning experience, and track record of optimizing digital engagements
- A solid understanding of which engagement metrics matter, and how to track them effectively and report them in ways that are easy for non-digital folks to quickly understand
- Previous experience with project or line managing staff or volunteers
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should click the “Apply for this position” link and submit a resume and COC-specific cover letter.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The salary for the Senior Digital Manager position is $85,000/year. Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package.
Location: New York City, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, CA, or Oakland, CA
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal-opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job posted: 2022-11-08