Senior Digital Media Specialist
The American Hospital Association (AHA) is a national organization that represents and serves all types of hospitals, health care networks, and their patients and communities. We are currently seeking a Sr. Media Specialist for our Washington DC office.
The Senior Digital Media Specialist supports AHA’s communications objectives through the creation and management of engaging and dynamic social and digital media content. Thinks strategically and tactically about how the AHA can use social/digital media to promote its policy and advocacy goals. Creates innovative initiatives to engage members, the hospital community and the public through social/digital media. Works collaboratively with Communications, Policy and Federal Relations colleagues and external partners to support both new and current digital campaigns. Leads execution and development of content for AHA’s podcast channel including monitoring digital performance and KPls to ensure AHA continually meets targets while maintaining a positive return on our investment. Facilitates project management as it relates to communication, understanding, timing, and cost and result analysis:
- Develops and implements strategies to optimize AHA’s digital communication channels online in a manner that will enhance the member and nonmember
- Develops comprehensive digital media strategies for AHA social media pages, including paid digital media advertisements across
- Identifies, interprets and implements emerging social media trends and social tracking tools (Facebook pixel and Twitter pixel), to more efficiently and effectively achieve business
- Helps lead digital projects from start to finish, ensuring AHA’s voice is consistent and optimized by both channel and This includes help with production and execution of AHA’s podcast channel and when necessary, video content.
- Helps generate creative ideas to produce video content for digital placement, managing process both internally and externally with necessary
- Continually improves AHA’s social and other digital platforms by researching, evaluating, recommending and implementing solutions and new functionality that help drive
- Provides support to social media specialist and AHA staff for new online project development and special initiatives.
- Collaborates with the communications team to cultivate a stronger online presence for the AHA’s public campaign to help tell the hospital story and Advance Health in America through the creation a social media calendar and meaningful, interactive social media posts.
Bachelors or better in Marketing or related field.
5-7 years: Minimum 5 years of digital marketing/media experience is required. Video production experience and/or health care industry experience is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-06