Senior Director, Ally Development
Grocery Manufacturers Association
Powering Every Day. The consumer packaged goods industry is home to some of the most iconic brands in the world. It is GMA’s privilege to positively impact the lives of every American, every day. See how we’re reimagining the GMA of the future with a bold new agenda that empowers the industry to grow and thrive at www.gmaonline.org.
We’re looking for a senior director, ally development who will be responsible for growing and maintaining the resources needed to champion critical causes impacting GMA’s strategic priorities, specifically management of our political action committee (PAC) and developing influential relationships with external partners. This role will proactively cultivate influential partnerships with non-government organizations (NGOs) and sister trade associations and mobilize CPG industry allies to advocate for causes promoting industry growth.
Reporting to the executive vice president, public affairs the senior director will strengthen GMA’s Political Action Committee’s (PAC) membership and engagement and execute Federal Election Commission (FEC) compliance responsibilities.
What You’ll Do
- Build strategic partnerships with NGOs, fellow trade associations and industry stakeholders.
- Manage a diverse portfolio of relationships, alliances, and coalitions at all stages of engagement.
- Develop and execute rapid-response solutions and initiatives.
- Represent the organization at key industry events and meetings.
- Develop fundraising strategy with the goal of significantly growing donors, potential donors, improving current donor engagement and PAC dollars raised.
- Develop regular communications for PAC contributors, board members and relevant stakeholders regarding PAC activities and progress.
- Direct promotional activities including marketing, communications, and association-hosted events.
- Maintain PAC records, prepare FEC filings, provide analysis of contributions and disbursement data, and ensure compliance with campaign finance laws.
- Partner with the federal affairs team to execute advocacy efforts.
- Advocate for GMA policy positions impacting consumer packaged goods manufacturers with our partners and stakeholders.
- Initiate communications to member companies to inform, solicit feedback, or respond to requests in a timely manner.
What You’ll Bring to the Table
Experience & Education:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree is required. An advanced degree such as an MS is a plus.
- 10-15 years of work experience required
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience within the NGO, environmental or government spaces focused on strategic partnerships required.
- Demonstrated experience with PAC management and fundraising strategy required.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Public speaking skills, including the executive presence to represent the association at industry forums and events.
- Ability to cultivate, grow and maintain high impact partnerships with a range of organizations and stakeholders.
- Advanced proficiency in Office 365 Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility in learning new software and/or computer/technical applications.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
Ability to travel up to 25%
Internal Number: HR19-09
Job posted: 2019-09-19