Senior Director of Brand
At Prose, we know one size fits none. So we re-thought the entire model of mass-beauty to create haircare that’s one-in-a-million. It’s a radically custom approach: we create products that fit you alone, combining lab innovation, natural ingredients, and proven performance to create truly personal care.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team working together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We are on a mission to build a brand that is personal, compelling, and a force for good.
We are looking for a Senior Director of Brand to join our Brand & Creative Team and lead our brand marketing and strategy discipline at Prose, as our brand plays a pivotal role in the success of Prose. This position reports directly to the VP of Creative and Brand. A great candidate will champion collaboration and communication, be an advocate for strategic decision making, and understand the value of brand. They are comfortable with frequent context-switching: going from strategic brand thinking to mentoring members of their team to representing the Brand team in cross-functional meetings. They have experience working for brand lead companies and have developed brand and marketing strategies that emotionally resonate with consumers. They have experience leading a multi-discipline team including areas of content, editorial, integrated marketing, PR, social and more. As the Senior Director of Brand, you will be responsible for owning and evolving the Prose Brand while contributing to our creative culture and being a leader at Prose.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage and evolve Prose’s overall brand strategy and the execution of this strategy across our various owned and earned channels
- Lead the team around several aspects of the Prose brand, including content, communication, brand strategy, public relations, editorial, and partnerships
- Have experience in tying brand efforts back to clear business results and framing recommendations that are tied back to metrics
- Grow organic brand awareness and develop brand loyalty from the Prose customer base
- Ensure day-to-day marketing initiatives and 360 brand campaigns are aligned with brand identity and business objectives
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external specialists to gain key customer insights and benchmark brand awareness through qualitative, quantitative and ethnographic studies
- Use customer insights and data to evaluate brand marketing successes, informing future improvements and changes in the brand communication strategy
- Work closely with the Creative team to ensure all marketing campaigns and initiatives are on-brand at at the highest level of execution
- Collaborate with other teams at Prose to ensure that brand is a key driver for decision making around Growth Marketing, Digital Product, and others.
- Manage relationships with external marketing agencies
- Continually strive to promote Prose mission and values
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or equivalent.
- 10+ years of brand management, marketing communications, or advertising experience
- Experience in direct-to-consumer and/or e-commerce or retail, preferably at a digitally-native brand
- Proven track record of developing effective and engaging advertising, storytelling, and integrated marketing programs
- Ability to form a deep understanding of our customer and how to connect with them through all forms of marketing content
- Management experience, with the ability to hire & lead a team while driving multiple projects at once
- Equally analytical and creative
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work well in a cross-functional team developing cohesive content
- Is optimistic, empathic, and enjoy working as a team to reach shared goals
- Is a strong conceptual thinker and seek opportunities to improve process and evolve creative. Simply put: you’re always thinking about ways to make Prose better through creative work
- Is committed to Prose’s mission and goals, and are excited to tackle every project, however big or small.
Understand & Embody our Prose Values
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in–for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.
Perks & Benefits
At Prose we value our employees and their well being. As a growing business we aim to stay up to par on the latest perks and benefits for all of our eligible team members. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- A competitive and flexible PTO policy
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Company sponsored health care plan ( medical, dental and vision plans)
- 401k + matching, FSA and commuter benefits
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits & Electric Bike Sponsorship
- Free lunch in office, weekly and an abundance of office snacks
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-09