Senior Director, Community Affairs
Remarkable Foods is a fast-growing, food-tech startup that’s reimagining how America eats. We’re creating an on-demand dining experience where fresh, high-quality meals are prepared and served to customers’ doorsteps within minutes through our proprietary approach to dining. We exclusively partner with the best restaurants and chefs in the world, across a wide assortment of cuisines, to bring their unique and special recipes to a customer’s door. Meals are prepared in company-owned and operated kitchens and finished by onboard chefs deployed in our customized mobile finishing kitchens.
Remarkable Foods is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs comprised of some of the most accomplished leaders and operators in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries. Backed by top-tier venture capitalists, the company is moving quickly to pioneer the future of food.
If you join our team, you’ll work in a supportive and collaborative environment where we place the same importance on our culture and values as we do on delivering delicious food to our customers.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced, highly organized, and motivated senior leader to lead Community Affairs for a fast growing startup. As leader of Wonder’s Community Affairs team, you will:
- develop and lead our community expansion strategy, with an initial emphasis on our local and social impact strategy,
- build out a team to execute this strategy,
- be part of and compliment the broader Government Relations team, and
- partner with the company’s marketing, operations and sustainability teams to advance Wonder’s overall mission.
- Develop and continually sharpen the community affairs strategy for Wonder’s expansion efforts, first focusing on its local NJ operations and the company’s social impact.
- Build out a Community Affairs team to execute on that strategy, first in New Jersey and then beyond
- Work closely with the Government Affairs, Marketing and Operations (including Sustainability) teams to drive the goals of company
- As a startup, be scrappy and high involved in the details of the community affairs work – no task is too small or large
- Utilizing social media platforms to communicate company messaging
- Assist, where applicable, in the operations and functions of the broader Government Affairs team
- Support outreach and relationship building with federal, state and local officials, advocacy groups, trade groups, business organizations and other entities
- Work with team members to effectively craft our community impact conversation points on sustainability initiatives
- Assist in organizing events, including partnering with local community events
- Serve as a continual advocate for Wonder, both with elected and local officials, as well as community groups, sometimes sharing complex, multi-faceted regulatory arguments
- Regular travel in New Jersey and New York
The experience you have
- Bachelor’s, Masters’ or JD in political science, government, public affairs, relevant field or equivalent practical experience
- 15+ years’ experience driving community, governmental and/or political initiatives and campaigns
- Outstanding written and communication skills with the ability to distill complex policy issues into simple explanations and compelling messages across multiple constituencies
- Broad experience with social media platforms to communicate company messages
- Ability to work with Company’s corporate strategy team to develop and analyze data and metrics to drive forward corporate initiatives
The way you work
- Work well with peers, government entities, and the community at-large, handle ambiguity well, and enjoy working in a collegial, yet fast-paced demanding environment
- Take your job seriously but you have a great sense of humor and you value being part of a close-knit team
- Principled, genuine, work well as part of a team, and exercise sound judgment and discretion in your daily interactions
- Take great pride and pleasure in representing your organization to the public, and being organized when doing so
We offer a competitive salary package including equity and 401K with matching. Additionally, we provide multiple medical, dental, and vision plans to meet all of our employees’ needs as well as many benefits and perks that are not listed.
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We’ll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-26