Senior Director Of Corporate Communications
The Aerospike Real-time Data Platform enables organizations to act instantly on billions of transactions while dramatically reducing server footprint. The Aerospike platform powers real-time applications with predictable performance up to petabyte scale. Aerospike customers can instantly fight fraud, dramatically increase shopping cart size, deploy global digital payment networks, and deliver instant, one-to-one personalization for millions of customers. Customers include Airtel, Experian, European Central Bank, Nielsen, PayPal, Snap, Verizon Media and Wayfair. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif., with additional locations in London; Bengaluru, India; and Tel Aviv, Israel.
We are looking for a creative, results-oriented Senior Director of Marketing Communications to aggressively drive Aerospike’s corporate positioning and messaging both internally and externally. This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and requires someone who can blend a deep understanding of branding, positioning and messaging strategy with tactical messaging execution across multiple channels.
What You Will Do
- Lead PR/communications, social media, and brand development and drive awareness of Aerospike’s global brand.
- Design, create and implement a comprehensive and integrated marketing and communications strategy.
- Oversee the production of a variety of thought-leadership content and marketing materials meant to increase Aerospike’s visibility and competitive positioning to expand and enhance public perception of the company.
- Partner with leadership across departments to ensure brand and message quality is aligned and consistent across all media, programs, and channels.
- Expert understanding of all media vehicles such as digital performance, search, website, social media, email content marketing with a proven track record of compelling and effective content across all.
- Proactively identify strategic communication opportunities with internal and external partners, strategic influencers, thought leaders and media.
- Design clear communications goals and outcomes to track and measure against progress.
What You Are Great At
- Defining and communicating internally and externally the company’s brand position and value proposition
- Set and lead traditional earned media strategy relations, be knowledgeable about the changing face of owned media; liaise with digital counterparts to cross-promote campaigns
- Develop PR/Communications marketing proposals, campaign programming for Aerospike to promote partnerships, sponsorships, customer success stories and media tours
- Work seamlessly with external agency partners (i.e. US, UK and AU PR agencies) and as part of an integrated marketing team (i.e. product marketing, demand generation, etc.)
- Develop new thought leadership content that propels Aerospike’s name and brand
- Managing and overseeing social media research and consumer intent modeling; ensuring results are distributed on an ongoing basis to appropriate parties.
- Reviewing messages for all social media content globally, ensuring quality control (and attention to potential cultural sensitivities).
- Developing a roadmap for the social media program based on data and insights and oversee implementation and measurement as it rolls out. Managing appropriate crisis response via social media.
- Provide strategic communications counsel in partnership with the CMO
Your Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline, Masters in Marketing or similar relevant fields preferred.
- 10+ years of marketing experience at a technical or technology company desired.
- Experience working in the enterprise infrastructure software industry.
- Experience and background in B2B marketing.
- Ability to demonstrate the return on investment of key marketing communications programs.
- Experience managing and providing direction to third-party vendors.
- Experience managing and developing budgets.
- Ability and gravitas to influence, partner and inform senior and executive leadership.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in the Google Suite of applications.
- Experience with digital marketing forms such as social media marketing and content marketing.
- Discrete and trustworthy in handling confidential, non-public market information.
- Thrive in fast-paced, collaborative and team environments.
- Above all, you must be results-driven—you are always looking to achieve great things for yourself, your team and excited about being part of an emerging and transformative company!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-26