Senior Director, Corporate Social Impact
This highly collaborative position is responsible for the creation, reporting and execution of our Corporate Social Impact (CSI) strategy. The Senior Director of CSI will develop strategies to create and extend Social Impact programs and activities in meaningful and measurable ways. The Social Impact leader will seek opportunities for relationships with local, national, and international nonprofit organizations to foster unique and creative strategic partnerships and programs, creating an impactful, diverse and sustainable portfolio. We are open to this individual being remote with regular travel expected.
The impact you’ll make:
- Develop and implement a global Social Impact strategy to integrate WM’s values and mission into the foundation of our social efforts and be accountable for our Social Impact efforts by measuring and communicating to the business benefit of our actions
- Lead, manage and effectively develop CSI team
- Leverage insights,relationships, and data from CSI initiatives to identify and Cooperationalize enhancements that optimize company investments and advance the company’s mission.
- Collaborate with leaders across the company to gather insights and ideas on financial and social return on investment, in relation to CSI initiatives Work with stakeholders to build and manage relationships with external organizations within the cannabis sector and non-endemic entities that align with the CSI mission
- Produce an annual CSI report
- Accountable for and expertly manages a philanthropic investment or assigned budget and resources
What you’ve accomplished:
- At least 7 years experience in corporate social impact or social responsibility for a well-respected brand, organization, agency or foundation – with at least 3 of those years leading a team.
- Proven track record of translating an organizational vision to reality, business acumen and process excellence
- Communication: Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to express your ideas and influence cross-functionally at all levels
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance of the team.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it
- Ability to travel up to 30% domestically
- Strong and effective public facing communication experience
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Job posted: 2021-10-03