Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Director, Digital Campaigns
Stand Up America is a progressive, digital-first advocacy organization with 2 million grassroots members who are working to stand up to corruption and voter suppression and build a more representative democracy. We’re fighting for democracy reforms at the local, state, and federal level that would expand voting rights, reduce the impact of big money in our politics, and end structural barriers that conservatives have built to impede progressive change. Our members have driven more than a million constituent calls to their representatives, mobilized tens of thousands of protestors, contacted tens of millions of voters, and helped pass bold democracy reforms at the state and federal levels.
We envision a democracy where:
- Every American has representation, regardless of where they live, what they look like, or how they identify.
- Racist barriers to the ballot are torn down and voting rights are expanded to ensure that voting is accessible, secure, and treated as the sacred right that it is.
- Americans from all walks of life can run for office and win based on the power of their ideas, voice, and experience—not on how much money they can raise from themselves or wealthy donors.
- Our government is responsive to the will of the American people—and will finally take bold action on the pressing issues facing our nation, from gun violence and climate change to immigration reform and racial & economic justice.
Reporting into the Managing Director of Digital Campaigns, the Senior Director of Digital Campaigns will join a high-functioning, 12-person digital team focused on demanding the democracy we deserve.
In this role, you will be managing a team of digital practitioners who are responsible for managing our highly-impactful broadcast SMS program, cultivating and organizing volunteers, running and executing paid digital advertising campaigns, and analyzing and reporting on the results. This team has helped drive 1.7 million calls to lawmakers, contact over 25 million voters in 2020, and regularly provides insights to help fuel our robust advocacy efforts towards building a more just and equitable democracy.
With a focus on measurable impact, you will create, execute and report on cutting-edge digital campaigns to protect and expand voting rights at the state and federal level and work to elect democracy champions at the ballot box. You’ll mobilize hundreds of thousands of Americans to take action, and you’ll mobilize tens of thousands to become more committed activists and organizers.
More specifically, you will:
- Establish a vision for our digital campaigns, encompassing volunteers, data and digital advertising.
- Oversee strategy, content, and editorial calendar decisions for SMS, volunteer and advertising campaigns and ensure they are closely aligned and coordinated with broader campaign strategies.
- Ensure that our databases are well-maintained and integrated with one another.
- Regularly set team benchmarks and track progress toward those key digital engagement metrics. Oversee weekly and monthly reporting and analysis on results.
- Approve and edit copy/creative to ensure it meets digital best practices and effectively drives our audience to action.
- Draft and execute quarterly digital campaign plans.
- 6+ years of experience, including time at a fast-paced nonprofit, political campaign, or agency.
- A strong understanding of digital campaign best practices, particularly issue-based advocacy campaigns and tools like Spoke, Hustle, Mobile Commons, Strive, or Revere.
- Experience driving measurable impact and experience using analytics to drive your work.
- 2+ years of direct management experience, with a demonstrated ability to lead staff with emotional intelligence and drive results.
- A commitment to racial equity and justice.
- Strong attention to detail, even in a fast-paced campaign environment.
- Passion for voting rights, reducing the influence of big money in our elections, and strengthening our democracy.
- Experience cultivating and motivating volunteers.
- Work with voter file data, particularly at an advocacy organization.
- Having overseen a member database, particularly one focused on driving an audience to action.
- Direct experience executing digital advertising campaigns, particularly around direct action.
- Experience working with progressive infrastructure, including tools like Civis, ActionKit, EveryAction, ThruTalk, CallHub, Mobilize (just to name a few).
- Past work on democracy reform.
Stand Up America celebrates diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, class, ability, life experiences, and background. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer—women; Black, Indigenous, and people of color; people with disabilities; and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Stand Up America’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is key to our mission of building a more representative democracy and reforming a political system that has given white, wealthy Americans a louder voice and more power than Black, Indigenous, and people of color for far too long.
Salary & Benefits
Our salary and benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, including 100% subsidy of monthly premiums
- 401(K) retirement plan with employer contribution 3% of salary
- 3 weeks flexible paid time off per calendar year, plus an additional week in December, for a total of 4 weeks per year
- 10 additional paid holidays, plus 4 summer Fridays off
- Unlimited sick days
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Annual professional development stipend
- Computer and accessories for at-home and in-office work
- Reimbursement for coworking space
- A fun work environment with colleagues who are respectful of one another and passionate about their work.
Salary range: $100,000+ annually, commensurate with experience.
Job posted: 2022-06-20