Senior Director, Federal Government Affairs
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals who thrive on challenge and change, and who want to make a difference through the delivery of results.
About the role:
This role is responsible for developing and leading the organizational policy strategy at the federal level. The position will develop advocates within Congress and the administration, monitor federal government proposals and seek to shape their development to align with Greenwich Biosciences’ policy objectives. The incumbent will be part of the strategic planning team and will develop strong partnerships with policy leaders at relevant advocacy groups. This position will report directly into the VP of Global Government Affairs.
- Develop and manage relationships with and outreach to Congress, the administration, and relevant agencies.
- Develop and implement Greenwich Biosciences’ federal government affairs and advocacy strategy to achieve company objectives and to address opportunities and threats.
- Monitor and advise senior management on proposed federal legislative and administrative changes that may impact the company.
- Work cross functionally with internal state government affairs, policy, marketing, market access, medical affairs, legal, and sales to understand opportunities and threats to the company.
- Build relationships with other policy professionals, especially from partnering advocacy groups, to further the accomplishment of the Greenwich Biosciences’ strategic objectives.
- Manage external federal consultants to ensure alignment with company objectives.
- Represent company interests within trade organizations (BIO & CLSA) and responsible for managing company board member at BIO.
- Support management of the political action committee (PAC) and federal contribution strategy as well as driving membership of the PAC and representing Greenwich Biosciences at PAC events.
- Bachelor’s degree and 15 experience in working with U.S. Congress, federal agencies, trade/business associations.
- Preferred expertise in working with the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven track record of building relationships to partner towards common objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work and integrate across functional areas to achieve organizational goals.
- Successful ability to build strategies and enroll commitment from stakeholders through communication.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate skills in goal achievement, teamwork, flexibility, holding others accountable, strategic planning, and executive presence.
Why Work at Greenwich Biosciences?
GW Pharmaceuticals (GW), along with its U.S. subsidiary Greenwich Biosciences, is a pioneering global biopharmaceutical company that has established a world-leading position in cannabinoid science and medicines over the last 20 years. GW’s mission is to transform the lives of seriously ill patients through developing and delivering rigorously tested cannabis-derived pharmaceutical medicines. Our aim is to develop regulatory-approved medicines with documented safety and efficacy profiles that are manufactured to the highest standards.
GW’s research efforts initially focused on the unmet needs of patients with Multiple Sclerosis (MS), while in recent years the Company has focused on helping children and adults with severe, life-threatening forms of epilepsy. Looking to the future, GW’s deep scientific knowledge and extensive body of research is enabling the Company to explore new therapeutic areas, including neurology, oncology, psychiatry and autism spectrum disorders.
Since the Company was founded in 1998, more than 6,000 patients have been involved in GW’s clinical trials globally. GW has collected more than 80,000 years of human safety data, been featured in more than 80 peer-reviewed publications, and generated high-quality evidence which has appeared in the New England Journal of Medicine and The Lancet. In 2018, TIME magazine named GW one of the ‘Top 50 Genius Companies of 2018 That Are Inventing the Future’ in recognition of this work.
We are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of our patients. Greenwich Biosciences’ headquarters are in Carlsbad, CA. Our Parent company GW Pharmaceuticals, PLC, was founded in 1998 and is based in the UK.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-30