Senior Director, Federal Government Affairs
Come join one of the most exciting, dynamic organizations in the non-profit and technology worlds in the area of Federal Government Affairs. The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) represents the leading U.S. publishers of video games across the nation and on the global stage and owns and operates E3, the premier trade show for video games. ESA is seeking a key contributor in the Government Affairs group. The level is flexible for this position engaging qualified candidates for Sr. Director.
The Sr. Director Federal Government Affairs will serve as a primary advocate implementing the ESA legislative agenda on Capitol Hill, before the Executive Branch and federal regulatory agencies. The position requires consistent presence in both the House and Senate and will develop long-term sustainable relationships with key staff and Members to benefit ESA. S/he will work with the SVP, Government Affairs and will identify the key federal priorities of ESA. The Senior Director will draft position papers on ESA‘s priority legislative issues and prepare briefing materials and background memos on key issues, as well as report to member working groups and respond Member inquiries. This individual will be part of the team and will be leader, as well.
The Sr. Director Federal Government Affairs will offer at least 8 years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree, with an advanced degree considered a favorable offering. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker, influencer, substantive expert and proven advocate before both Houses of the U.S. Congress and federal regulators. Some management experience is a strong preference for this role.
This key contributor will also offer:
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues, members and other partners.
- Proven capacity to network and build coalition support.
- Must possess exceptionally high written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Must be a proactive individual with the ability to exercise judgment in high-pressure situations and to think strategically.
- Must possess strong sense of ethics
- Ability to travel up to 15% (when travel resumes)
- Strong computer skills
Job posted: 2020-07-29