Senior Director, Federal Government Affairs
- 5 years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree or J.D.
- Project management or related experience
- Experience working on Capitol Hill
- Experience in housing finance, public policy, or communications
The Senior Director, Federal Government Affairs (GA) supports and advances Rocket Companies’ interests before U.S. Congress, federal agencies, policymakers, and trade/ business associations.
- Lead the federal advocacy team in the development and implementation of federal government affairs strategies that support the Rocket Companies’ culture and business priorities
- Mentor and develop members of the lobbying team to be effective advocates who advance the company’s priorities
- Work closely with internal business partners to develop and refine internal and external messaging related to government affairs activities
- Build, maintain and expand the company’s relationships with key congressional offices and federal agencies, trade associations, advocacy groups, think tanks and other external stakeholders to advance common policy priorities
- Represent the Rocket Companies in public policy discussions, presentations, hearings, association and industry meetings, political events, and legislative, regulatory and other public forums, as appropriate
- Communicate directly with leaders and team members on legislative issues important to the business
- Work with the political and lobbying teams to develop a political fundraising strategy that advances the Rocket Companies’ goals
- Brief and staff Rocket Companies senior leaders in meetings with federal elected officials
- Organize visits for elected officials and their staff and other stakeholders of the home campuses
- Create and model an environment that fosters and sustains all types of diversity, knowledge-sharing and consensus-building
- Demonstrate a culture of excellence through behavior consistent with living the ISMs
Who We Are
Rock Central is a professional services company delivering the innovative and effective solutions its partners need to evolve, allowing them to focus on their core business. Their team members are experts in many different areas, including human resources, accounting, technology, legal services, public relations and more.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-26