Senior Director, Government Affairs
Through our dedicated associates, Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of Fortune 100 companies and over 500 governments – creating exceptional outcomes for our clients and the millions of people who count on them.
You have an opportunity to personally thrive, make a difference and be part of a culture where individuality is noticed and valued every day.
Senior Director, Government Affairs
The Senior Director, Government Affairs is responsible for government affairs, philanthropy, and advocacy, and interfaces heavily with senior leadership, clients, government officials, and other stakeholders.
The Senior Director, Government Affairs reports to the General Counsel and serves as a member of Legal Department Leadership Team. The ideal candidate would be an attorney or a non-attorney professional with subject expertise in government and would be responsible for global legislative and government affairs, providing political advocacy for all lines of business in the organization.
Description and Key Responsibilities
- Define Conduent’s strategy and tactics for government affairs, including both government procurements and legislative and regulatory policy initiatives, in addition to driving Conduent’s public policy agenda, strategies and advocacy platforms, while also ensuring effective, ethical, compliant, and proactive strategy implementation.
- Identify, retain, train, and manage all lobbyists and political consultants to help achieve Conduent’s goals.
- Manage relationships with elected officials, legislative and executive branch officials, and their staffs.
- Lead the effort to understand the needs of government clients and potential clients to maximize Conduent’s ability to meet those needs.
- Manage government and regulatory related complex projects, and help Conduent navigate regulatory and policymaking challenges.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to business unit presidents related to the government affairs aspects of businesses providing expert guidance to Conduent Leadership on public policy related to industry trends, external affairs and best practices and address external policy threats with senior leadership and external lobbying team.
- Work with communications teams to report on corporate and government affairs issues internally/
- Apply broad technical expertise in government and industry to Conduent’s objectives.
- Manage a budget and a small team, including hiring decisions, performance appraisals, pay reviews, training and development.
- Support public sector business development.
- Requires broad and comprehensive understanding of government
- Master’s or advanced degree preferred
- At least 10+ years of experience with high-profile branded organization in a leadership role
- Government relations/public policy experience necessary
- Experience working in public policy arena (local government, legislative, or executive branch experience at the state or national level)
- Demonstrated ability to address complex and sensitive policy and regulatory issues
- Skilled collaborative leader
- Skilled crisis manager
- Political and business acumen
- Proven ability to influence communicate with senior leadership team and across organizational boundaries
- A problem solver with a strong analytic abilities and a history of working on complex issues
- Strong communication skills
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume.
At Conduent, we take pride in the individual differences in our employees and continue to strive to make our company a great place to work. So we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form. You may also click here to access Conduent’s ADAAA Accommodation Policy.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-12