Senior Director, Government Affairs
The Senior Director will be a key representative of the government affairs team for Cognizant, a Fortune 200 digital engineering and technology company. The Senior Director will assist the VP of Government Affairs by implementing strategic objectives, representing Cognizant in federal government engagement, and monitoring and reporting on legislation and regulations. In this role, you will combine your knowledge of government affairs and public policy with an ability to communicate Cognizant’s brand and values effectively in Washington, D.C.
- Execute a strategy to successfully represent Cognizant in important policy matters, including participation in lobbying on legislative and regulatory policy in key areas before government officials
- Represent the company by attending policy and fundraising events
- Support the activities of the Government Affairs function in building the Cognizant brand among stakeholders in Washington, DC and in key states and municipalities across the US.
- Represent Cognizant in trade associations and partnerships across a broad group of officials, partners, customers, etc.; play leadership role in associations and build coalitions with similarly situated interest groups and companies.
- Identify and communicate legislative issues and trends that impact the company, including preparing memoranda and briefing materials
- Support the strategic activities of Cognizant’s Political Action Committee
- Develop and demonstrate substantial knowledge of Cognizant business and operations and be prepared to provide regular updates and participate in briefings with internal Cognizant leaders
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Mar 15 2021
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-12