Senior Director of Government Affairs
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare.
Our model of care is making a major impact. Since starting in 2013, Oak Street Health has grown to 100 locations in dozens of communities across the country and continues to grow rapidly. We deliver holistic and integrated care right in our patient’s communities, which leads to better health outcomes at lower costs. We then reinvest those cost savings to further differentiate our approach.
Oak Street Health is a publicly traded company (NYSE: OSH) and has been backed by top tier growth investors, including General Atlantic. Our values-oriented approach has been recognized by our business partners, the New England Journal of Medicine, and Harvard Business School. We are attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com.
This newly created leadership role will be responsible for building and maintaining positive, productive relationships with government stakeholders, including elected and appointed officials in federal, state, and local governments. This role will partner with Oak Street Health business owners, public relations team members, investor relations, our outside government affairs teams / lobbyists, and relevant industry groups.
Success in this role includes: establishing Oak Street Health as a partner and healthcare provider that is valued by government organizations and policy organizations and effectively advocating for policy changes that enable Oak Street Health to more effectively pursue our mission.
This role reports to the COO. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic environment, will be a skilled communicator and relationship builder, and will be outcomes oriented.
- Set government affairs agenda for Oak Street Health, with input from senior leaders
- Manage external government affairs and lobbying relationships at federal and state level
- Set goals in pursuit of the government affairs agenda
- Build and maintain knowledge base on active and proposed regulations and legislation that is relevant to Oak Street Health
- Partner effectively with stakeholders across Oak Street Health
- Build relationships with relevant government stakeholders to build Oak Street Health’s profile and advance our mission
- Meet with federal, state, and local government officials
- Collaborate with public relations and investor relations teams, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years in federal government, government affairs, and/or lobbying roles
- Experience working with government healthcare bodies, especially CMS
- Outstanding communication and relationship building skills
- Tenacious approach to problem solving
- Track record of consistently delivering results
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- High levels of responsibility
- Competitive benefits; including equity package, paid vacation/sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.
Job posted: 2021-06-09