Senior Director, Government Affairs
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice and protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These are not easy goals to accomplish – but we are not here for easy. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity.
This position will join a team of international peers on our Cybersecurity Strategy & Global Policy team. This position will be part of a fast-moving, collaborative legal team that impacts all policy and government affairs. The team is focused on engaging in the development and implementation of legislation, policies, regulations and programs aligned with the company’s strategic interests. We also build trusted relationships with government officials to create meaningful partnerships while expanding our global visibility and reputation as the global cybersecurity leader.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Advocate for the Palo Alto Networks policy agenda with the U.S. executive branch and Congress. Coordinate and drive key strategic policy priorities and executive relationships to support business functions.
- Develop strategies to integrate policy priorities into U.S. executive branch actions (government policy documents, regulations, or resource allocations) and Congressional actions (legislation, committee reports, or federal resources) for critical cybersecurity programs.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships across key U.S. executive branch agencies and Congressional offices, committees, and caucuses.
- Serve as an expert within the company on U.S. executive branch and Congressional actions. Draft internal policy primers on key company priorities to provide timely and actionable information to Palo Alto Networks executives. Draft external content (white papers, letters, testimony, or blog posts) in support of policy goals.
- Organize government delegation site visits to company facilities for tours, executive briefings, employee town halls, and technology demonstrations. Identify opportunities for senior executive engagement, to include opportunities for CEO, President, and Public Sector leadership.
- Coordinate content development and senior government official recruitment/management for public conferences and other events.
- Represent the company in external forums, and collaborate with trade associations on areas of common interest.
- Coordinate strategic management and accountability of external consultants.
- Build coalitions across industry with other technology and cybersecurity companies and through trade associations.
- Facilitate industry and government collaboration on cybersecurity.
- Deep understanding of government affairs activities, especially related to the cybersecurity and technology industry
- Deep understanding of critical topics such as 5G security and supply chain security, and their national security and homeland security implications.
- 10+ years of professional experience, including work on Capitol Hill and in the U.S. executive branch
- Experience developing content for and managing senior-level participation in high-profile conferences and public events
- Demonstrated track record of successful policy/advocacy campaigns.
- A strong network and reputation on Capitol Hill and in the U.S. executive branch.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-04