Senior Director, Government Affairs – (210H1)
- This position will be field based out of Washington DC and will require travel to Bridgewater, NJ.
- The Senior Director of Government Affairs will serve as the company’s representative in Washington, DC, responsible for protecting and promoting the interests of the company in federal and state governments and among key industry and regulatory agencies and associations. This position will be responsible for communicating with policymakers and regulators; monitoring relevant legislative and regulatory developments; and promoting policies aligned with the company’s goals in the state and federal policy realms. This individual will also serve as the company’s primary policy liaison to DC-based industry and trade association groups.
- Closely monitor and flag legislative and regulatory actions that would impact the company’s operations and/or business goals in such areas as (but not limited to): health care, tax, trade, medicare and Medicaid reimbursement; and make appropriate recommendations for action to company leaders.
- Collaborate and coordinate with relevant trade associations (e.g., the Association for Accessible Medicine) and follow industry trends and policy issues.
- Manage on-going efforts and communications to educate members of Congress, congressional staff, state legislators and relevant agencies about Amneal, the generic and specialty pharmaceutical industry, and key issues affecting their constituents and the general public.
- Promote the company’s point of view about policies in these areas to trade associations, policymakers and influencers.
- Develop, foster, and strengthen relationships with key members of relevant legislative and regulatory bodies and third parties.
- Facilitate and participate in meetings between government representatives and Amneal executives.
- Collaborate with other members of management, including the CEO and office of media communications, to help ensure that all efforts the company undertakes are coordinated and complementary.
- Become well-versed in Amneal’s patient, industry and value to customers and patients.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to internal and external resources to ensure effective advocacy and reimbursement efforts to promote, protect and expand the business nationally.
- Draft and edit position papers, testimony, and comments on proposed legislative and regulatory actions.
- Prepare policy briefings and talking points on proposed legislative and regulatory actions.
- Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) – Required
- Master Degree (MS/MA) JD or Master’s degree in Public Policy – Preferred
- 15 years or more in Minimum of 15 years of combined experience in corporate government affairs, as a congressional staffer, and/or in a regulatory agency (some combination of the three is preferred). With a Master Degree, only 13 years of combined experience is required
- in Strong experience and understanding of healthcare or pharmaceutical industries
- Quick strategic thinker, who is able to effectively synthesize and translate complex material for education/engagement purposes both internally and externally. – Advanced
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills. – Advanced
- Strong communicator, editor, writer, and presenter – Advanced
- Strong relationships on Capitol Hill and in relevant agencies.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-26