Senior Director, Government Relations
Adtalem Global Education is looking for a highly experienced government relations professional to join our high performing team as Senior Director, Government Relations.
This position reports to Adtalem Global Education’s VP of Global Government Relations (GR) and Sustainability and has primary responsibility for leading the government relations and external relations strategy. The Sr. Director works closely with the Directors of US and Caribbean GR and the public affairs staff in devising and executing strategies to build and leverage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in order to advance the company’s business priorities in US and international markets. The Senior Director will work across the company to increase cross-functional collaboration to problem-solve and achieve results, and grow strategic partnerships to build brand and reputation to position Adtalem to leverage opportunities. The Sr. Director works with Adtalem’s Global Communications, Regulatory Affairs, Licensing & Accreditation, Corporate Development, Legal and Community Relations functions and others across the company to advance overall external relations strategy.
Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Undergraduate degree required; master’s degree or international equivalent.
- Ten years’ minimum experience in government relations leading a government relations function; expertise preferred in healthcare and education with a focus in medical, nursing and veterinary education.
- Demonstrated strong management, accountability and oversight.
- Outstanding professional poise and superb interpersonal skills, with an impressive history of forging strong and positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Strong track record of success in developing and executing public relations strategies to increase the profile and reputation of an organization/company; possess solid political media network.
- Strategic communications expertise with excellent oral and written communication skills including writing and editing an assortment of communications and policy materials.
- Sound judgement and strategic thinker; mastery of complex competencies to include but are not limited to, strategic agility, conflict management, and leading and building effective high-performing teams.
- Superior time-management and organizational skills with respect to setting priorities and managing multiple workflows against tight deadlines while producing high-quality deliverables on a daily basis.
- Strong appreciation for nuance and demonstrated leadership and political acumen.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
The purpose of Adtalem Global Education is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success, and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem Global Education Inc. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a leading global education provider and the parent organization of American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Chamberlain University, EduPristine, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. For more information, please visit adtalem.com.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-13