Senior Director, Government Relations
IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance, telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment, commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies and approaches to deliver quality product and services to government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities, speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
The Senior Director of Government Relations serves as a member of the IDEMIA I&S shared services legal team and represents IDEMIA’s interests before federal, state, and local governments. The Director works under the supervision of the Vice President of Government Relations to leverage public policy efforts to protect and grow IDEMIA’s business in North America. This role requires significant leadership and business acumen, and works across IDEMIA to coordinate business, technical, legal and other inputs to effectively represent IDEMIA before legislatures and regulatory bodies in the US and Canada.
- Develops and manages relationships with elected officials and senior appointed officials at the federal and state levels;
- Monitors legislation and regulations at both the federal and state levels. Summarizes policy developments to internal stakeholders and works with business partners and business lines to assess impacts on IDEMIA business;
- Under the direction of the Vice President of Government Relations, develops and advocates specific policy positions for the company at both the federal and state level;
- Participates in industry associations and coalitions as a representative of IDEMIA, taking an active role in shaping industry efforts;
- Supports sales efforts in targeted markets to advance sales objectives and position company executives with relevant stakeholders;
- Works across business line and support function leadership to integrate public policy efforts into overall business strategy and operations;
- Attends political events and fundraisers and works with the Vice President of Government Affairs to grow Political Action Committee efforts;
- Supports thought leadership and communications efforts related to public policy. Authors blogs, white papers, testimony and regulatory comments on behalf of the company;
- Assists in the management of external consultants in support of corporate objectives.
This is a senior role that requires in-depth knowledge and understanding of legislative and regulatory processes at both the federal and state level. Must possess significant personal relationships in Washington, DC and state capitals, and be seen as an industry leader externally. The individual in this role must be comfortable operating in a distributed environment and adaptable to handle multiple competing priorities with diverse internal and external stakeholders. Strong written and oral communications skills and comfort speaking in public.
- 10+ years experience working with legislative and regulatory bodies at the federal and state level. Preference for experience in the technology sector. Previous experience on Capitol Hill or in a State Legislature a definite plus.
- Strong bipartisan network that can be leveraged on behalf of IDEMIA.
- A demonstrated track record developing and executing public policy campaigns with high ROI and demonstrable returns to clients/business.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong inter-personal and negotiation skills required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; graduate degree in law, public policy, or a related discipline is a plus.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-28