Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Director – Executive Search in Government Relations/Public Affairs
Mavence, the executive search & talent advisory firm specializing in public affairs, is looking for a new Senior Director to establish our permanent presence in the D.C. based Government relations market.
With decades of hands-on experience as consultants, advocates, and advisors in Public Affairs, our team is staffed exclusively with tried-and-tested practitioners who bring insider experience, deep networks, and unparalleled expertise and credibility from the local to the international level.
From pre-recruitment to post-placement, we pursue a rigorous and transparent process that goes the extra mile to safeguard inclusiveness and diversity. We work with a broad variety of clients and candidates from large multinational corporates to trade associations and federations, various types of consulting businesses, NGOs, think tanks and (inter)governmental bodies.
Founded in 2013, Mavence has made new strides in recent years in expanding its operations beyond Brussels-based EU public affairs, charting an ambitious international growth plan that has brought a greater focus to key markets across Europe – including a new office in Paris, launched in 2021 – and with plans for transatlantic expansion as we continue to broaden our operations across pre-eminent political and regulatory hubs.
As our network of recruitments, partners, and experts continues to expand, our aim is to bring our Mavens ever closer to where our clients need us most, and we are looking for a senior government relations professional eager to join us and make our growth in the US market their own. If you’re a D.C. expert interested in building new headhunting skills and taking on a greater leadership role or an accomplished executive search consultant in that sphere, then keep reading.
About the role
As Senior Director of Mavence in Washington, D.C., you will take the lead on establishing and growing our first US-based office, bringing an entrepreneurial mindset and extensive expertise to managing every aspect of our strategy and operations on the ground including:
- Position the business as leading specialists in public affairs recruitment services in D.C., building on international successes and bringing creative and competitive ideas on how to position Mavence as a unique player,
- Define a strategic business plan to market the brand across the most important
Government Relations networks in D.C,
- Lead on reputation building and guide market-specific communications,
- Lead, from sourcing to placing, a number of high level recruitment processes across a
variety of clients, ranging from corporates to associations through to consultancies,
NGOs, etc across diverse sectors
- Contact and interact with prospects on a daily basis
- Build an office and a team to support your strategic business and communications plans, including recruiting additional consultants for your practice from the GR arena as well as a (part-time) communications specialist to support implementation and growth
- Take responsibility for your own P&L, by ensuring the commercial development of your practice, acquiring new clients and new assignments in and beyond D.C.
- Senior experience in Government Relations, ideally in a consultancy setting or equivalent experience in recruiting similar talent
- A real entrepreneur, commercially savvy and a quick thinker
- People-driven and can inspire high level professionals to follow you and work with you
- Experience managing a P&L as well as in team management
- Creativity and proven experience in positioning a brand; experience in communications and marketing
- A dynamic, flexible personality eager to engage with people and build connections either in groups or one-on-one
- An impeccable sense of ethics and discretion
- An appetite to win and become the best in a defined area
- Excellent writing skills
- English speaker; other languages an asset
Please contact Jason Descamps, CEO and Founder of Mavence, at email@example.com
Job posted: 2022-07-18