Senior Director, Health Care Crisis/Issues Management
APCO Worldwide is seeking a Senior Director, Health Care Crisis/Issues Management to join our Health Care/ Health Policy team in Washington, D.C.
Our team includes experienced health care experts with diverse backgrounds who, collectively, give the firm a comprehensive understanding of the issues, politics and players who shape health policy. APCO and its professionals have played leading roles in virtually every major health care issue considered over the past few decades and our clients have included leading pharmaceutical manufacturers, provider societies, trade associations, health insurers, pharmacy benefit managers and medical device makers.
What we bring you: One of DC’s best places to work and ranked the 2017 Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, with smart, fun colleagues and opportunities to work with people around the country and across the globe. Amazing in-house opinion research, creative and resources as part of your team. The chance to work on some of the most interesting and challenging issues of the day for leading companies and associations. An opportunity to shine, succeed and chart your course based on what you bring to the table – not where you sit on the org chart.
- Extensive experience advising corporate leaders including C-Suite on a range of critical reputational and positioning issues
- Demonstrated success navigating challenging policy, political, and business challenges in the health care industry
- Strategic thinker able to draw from expertise across corporate reputation, public affairs, public policy, crisis management andstakeholder engagement
- Lead teams and projects, directing strategy, overseeing quality of work and balancing staffing appropriately
- Collaborative mindset and experience working seamlessly across teams, practices and geographies
- Mentor and coach to junior members of team, commitment to professional development
- Builds credibility with clients by offering knowledgeable observations, insights and strategic thinking regarding communications and public affairs activities, informed by prior experience and deep knowledge of the sector
- Actively networks to identify new business prospects
- Demonstrates performance in growing clients organically and actively pursues new opportunities with prospects, including leading business development activities
- Maintains a strong industry network and is viewed as a thought leader in the market
- Supports annual business planning efforts
- At least 15 years of experience with a combination of agency, Hill, trade association, or in-house
- Deep litigation communications experience required, legal training preferred
- Excellent media relations, writing, editing, skills and ability to serve as spokesperson
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communications, stakeholder engagement and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
Click here to apply: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oXqo9fwE&s=Public_Affairs_Counc
Job posted: 2019-02-16