Senior Director of Media & Public Relations
Hispanic Communications Network (HCN), a client-facing social impact full-serving agency, and La Red Hispana, a public-facing multimedia networks services and platforms, work together across all the network’s channels focused on one mission: to improve quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx living in the US. HCN and La Red Hispana seek a highly driven Senior Director of Media & Public Relations to lead a growing team. The Senior Director of Media & Public Relations is expected to have a complete and unquestioned understanding of their assigned client’s media business and overall marketing objectives and goals. This leader is steward of the media planning process, focused on earned media strategies, and is expected to provide strategic recommendations to the account management team and/or the client. The Senior Director of Media & Public Relations is a seasoned PR and media professional who brings established connections at a national, regional, and local level to secure placements with top level media outlets, including but not limited to Hispanic media, influencers, and celebrities across radio, TV, print, digital and social media platforms, both earned and paid. This leader is experienced with recruiting and retaining media affiliates (radio, digital, social media, print), influencers/celebrities, and is able to secure proof of performance (affidavits, analytics reports, etc.) on a regular basis.
● Lead the day-to-day supervision of media planning including — earned media (PSA placements, media tours, press briefings, media events, pitch materials, press releases), oversight of buy recommendations, execution details, budgets/accounting, etc.
● Apply use and expertise in media tracking and monitoring tools to gather data, including performance of client and HCN/La Red Hispana content.
● Develop sharp strategies and written press materials — media advisories, press releases, talking points, story pitches, spokesperson media training, media briefs – and manage the approval process with internal stakeholders and partners.
● Recruit and retain HCNs La Red Hispana media affiliates (radio, digital, social media, print) to place our daily and weekly programming, and secure guaranteed content placements.
● Responsible for account record keeping including client authorizations, insertion orders, PSA monitoring and tracking reports.Recruit and secure influencer and celebrity participation in client and internal campaigns.
● Develop and maintain strong relationships with key external stakeholders, influencers and partners.
● Leads all marketing, branding and strategy elements for our clients, media affiliates, and corporate brands.
● Serve as client’s daily media contact and act as overarching client lead when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively. Develop and direct new business program development and presentations working with senior leaders, as needed.
● Perform as a leader with minimal supervision, taking full ownership of accounts and functioning autonomously.
● Works with executive leadership and account teams to develop strategies and recommendations for media plans and media strategies.
● Demonstrates close working relationship and integration with account management teams.
● 10+ years’ experience in public relations, including 5 years in a supervisory role, and media planning/buying experience with proven examples of strategies developed for well-known brands that can show growth of earned media and affiliates network.
● Agency, TV/radio or news organization experience strongly preferred.
● Digitally fluent, with an understanding of the complex, fragmented media landscape and how to bring together cohesive programs and drive results for clients.
● Diplomatic, inspiring and empathetic leader
● Track record of managing a culturally diverse public relations strategy team.
● Expert knowledge of tools to analyze data and use analytics to determine company’s network performance, and how to apply data to revise strategies that optimize performance.
● Fully bilingual in Spanish and in English, mandatory native Spanish-language proficiency, and superior writing and verbal skills in both Spanish and English.
● Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Public Relations, Communications or any related field.
● Tech savvy, including current platforms most effective in reaching US Spanish-preferring and bilingual/bicultural audiences.
● Knowledge and manage Nielsen ratings and Media Relations databases. ● Passion for or experience in US Hispanic/Latinx issues.
● Superior organization and exceptional attention to detail. Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently and in team settings.
● Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment, with highest quality and quantitative outputs.
How to Apply:
Submit a customized letter of interest outlining your unique value proposition to HCN / La Red Hispana, as well as your CV, salary history, references, and links from your professional or personal portfolio via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Senior Director of Media & Public Relations.
Job posted: 2021-06-08