Senior Director, Public Policy
- Responsible for leading IQVIA’s government affairs, public policy and advocacy program in the United States (Federal and state).
- Work effectively with members of IQVIA senior management to develop and implement a successful IQVIA government affairs program that supports IQVIA’s objectives.
- Build strong working relationships with each of IQVIA’s business units, the IQVIA Institute and IQVIA corporate functions (e.g., medical affairs, legal, privacy, communications) to set policy priorities and involve IQVIA employees in policy work when appropriate.
- Interact with federal and state elected and appointed officials and their staff on public policy matters.
- Develop relationships and actively engage with key stakeholders on issues important to IQVIA.
- Responsible for hiring and managing consultants to support IQVIA’s policy priorities.
- Reports to the Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel.
- Position is located in the Washington DC area.
QUALIFICATIONS & PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- 10 years of experience as a government relations employee in a company, a Congressional staffer or an employee in a relevant government department or agency.
- At least 10 years of legislative, regulatory or lobbying experience at the federal level.
- At least 5 years of legislative, regulatory or lobbying experience at the state level preferred or working in a state legislature or on a Governors’ staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced education or an advanced degree a plus.
- Preferable to have a working knowledge of the healthcare system and life sciences industry in the United States and inter-relationships among key stakeholders, including companies, trade associations, professional associations, patient organizations, disease organizations, academic researchers and think tanks.
- Ability to quickly understand and address healthcare, technology, privacy and other policy issues that may impact the IQVIA business.
- Experience developing and implementing a consistent government affairs strategy, including short and long term goals and establishing methods of measuring the plan’s impact on and contribution to IQVIA.
- Ability to analyze issues, develop arguments and effectively communicate complex concepts among policy makers and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and organize allies.
- Ability to prioritize and anticipate emerging issues, balance competing issues and direct resources accordingly.
- Self-starter and results-oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job posted: 2021-01-05