Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Director Public Relations
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within a Diversified, Global Organization
Honeywell is seeking a Senior Director Public Relations, based in our Charlotte, N.C. headquarters, to execute a comprehensive media relations program in support of Honeywell’s transformation to become a premier sustainability leading industrial technology company, and to position its leadership in top-tier media. This individual will work across all of Honeywell to leverage partnerships and customer case studies, and to pitch stories that connect our heritage of innovation with our vision for the future of the industries we serve. This individual will work in close partnership with our senior leadership as well as our Marketing organization and will be a leader in measuring and communicating the effectiveness of our External Communications program. The primary focus of this role will be U.S., but this individual may be called upon to coach or direct activities in other regions. This role will be an individual contributor who will report to Honeywell’s Corporate VP of Marketing and the VP of Corporate Communications.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, self-sufficient leader with a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience who can work effectively in a complex global corporate environment. They will have an outstanding executive presence and business acumen, a strong process orientation, and the ability to coach and influence others, even in the absence of a reporting relationship. Outstanding communication skills are required, verbal and written, with ability to communicate effectively with a variety of groups and individuals. The candidate must have extraordinary ability to work well with people at all levels, especially senior leaders. The individual must have the highest personal integrity and a strong personal commitment to diversity. The individual should be comfortable working in gray areas and be able to effectively handle pressures and demands from multiple clients and competing priorities.
- Develop and execute highly successful strategies to position the company as well as the CEO and sustainable technology leaders in general and across the industries we serve.
- Develop and execute ongoing, comprehensive External Communications plan to support leadership’s interaction with top-tier media, leading technology media, and speaking events and other forums that target C-level audiences and potential customers.
- Develop and execute an ongoing, comprehensive External Communications plan at the Corporate level to support the company’s positioning as a sustainability driven industrial technology leader, including leverage of partnerships and customer case studies along with stories from our businesses that link our heritage of innovation with our vision for the future of the industries we serve.
- Help lead the ongoing measurement and communication of the effectiveness of our External Communications program.
- Help train and prepare executives, include those at the senior-most levels, for media interviews.
- Support other media inquiries and special projects as assigned.
- Develop and execute highly successful strategies
- Develop and execute an ongoing, comprehensive Sustainability External Communications plan
- Help lead the ongoing measurement and communication of the effectiveness of our PR Program
YOU MUST HAVE
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications
- 10 years of demonstrated successful experience in external communications in a corporate or an agency environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in working with top-tier media to pitch stories and position companies in leadership positions within their respective industries.
- Experience in pitching C-level leaders to media, and the capability to train and prepare them for media interviews.
- Experience in B2B media relations required, experience in software a plus.
- Well-developed storytelling skills and grammatical writing skills, with ability to quickly develop clear, concise messages.
- Excellent (and ruthless) editing skills. A willingness to be hands-on with writing and editing to get the job done effectively.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of business processes and vernacular.
- Demonstrated experience with social media and an advanced understanding of how best to leverage it at the corporate level to position the company.
- Extraordinary ability to work well with people at all levels, especially senior leaders.
- Understand nuances, comfortable working in gray areas all with the highest personal integrity.
- Effectively handles pressures and demands from multiple clients and competing priorities.
- Effectively able to influence a larger global organization.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-14