Senior Director of Public Relations & Communications
About The National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF)
The National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF) is dedicated to finding better treatments and cures for inheritable bleeding disorders and to preventing the complications of these disorders through education, advocacy, and research. Learn more at Hemophilia.org!
About the Role
Reporting to the VP of Advancement, the Senior Director of Public Relations and Communications will champion the overall mission of NHF primarily by leading NHF communications and public relation efforts. You will work to develop and implement a broad range of public relations, communications, and media relations activities in support of NHF’s mission and vision. The Senior Director of Public Relations and Communications will work closely with the Director of Online Marketing, and the Director of Communications along with several leaders within the foundation as a partner on NHF’s strategic imperatives. You will be a key contributor to critical marketing strategies, including but not limited to thought leadership content, social media marketing, and event marketing. You will work to ensure NHF is the primary source of information for internal and external sources. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
· Develop and implement a public relations and communications strategy that increases brand awareness, clarifies brand experience and personalizes what NHF means to communities around the world through various events, engagements, interviews, op-eds and public facing opportunities.
· Develop and implement communications and publicity strategies for NHF’s programs, services, public policy and research initiatives.
· Brainstorm, pitch and secure proactive media opportunities, op-ed placements, influencer meetings and events through traditional and digital channels.
· Field incoming media inquiries, develop media contacts in print, television, radio and other industry and community influencers important to NHF’s mission.
· Create partnerships with other public relations professionals throughout NHF’s chapter network to ensure we are speaking with one voice, leveraging the best ideas and lifting up compelling stories across the foundation.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 +years progressively responsible public relations experience in mid-large sized non-profit organization.
- Significant public relations experience that includes media relations.
- A strong track record of positioning an organization to achieve tangible outcomes in a competitive public relations environment.
- Ability to coach and support senior leaders as spokespersons.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing public relation strategies.
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position public relation discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Solid computer skills.
- Superior writing skills with rigorous attention to detail.
- Superb time management; ability to handle multiple tasks, adhere to deadlines and work well under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work at evening or week-end events.
- Bilingual a plus!!
Where You Will Work:
This is a remote based position. Candidate will be expected to travel to events and meetings as requested by the VP of Advancement.
What We Offer:
At NHF our mission is to serve those affected by all inheritable bleeding disorders. We are committed to our employees as well as those we serve. To do so, NHF seeks and values those qualities, both visible and invisible, that makes individuals unique. We strive to be a safe place where regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, family status, national origin, race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation; you are heard, empowered and valued because we truly believe that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission.
In order to attract and retain a high performance team, we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment. In addition to a competitive salary, NHF provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. We also offer:
• Full time employees: Three weeks (+) of vacation, four personal days, 12 sick days, 11 paid holidays, 1 Floating Holiday
• We also offer paid time off to Part-Time Employees
• Paid Short-Term Disability insurance & Life Insurance
• Pre-tax savings plan (including Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Transit Account)
• a 403(b) retirement plan.
How To Apply:
If you are interested this opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Job posted: 2021-02-11