Senior Director & Regulatory Affairs Counsel
TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
Organization (PEO) industry.Specific responsibilities include:
1. Lead TriNet’s state advocacy efforts including tracking and analyzing bills and regulations, attending relevant legislative and agency hearings and meetings and participating in industry and business association meetings.
2. Monitor state regulatory and political environment in order to identify, evaluate, and report major occurrences and changes which could have a significant influence upon TriNet and the PEO industry.
3. Manage efforts in communicating and implementing plans and programs for state government relations activities designed to establish and maintain a favorable public policy climate for TriNet and the PEO industry. This will include helping to coordinate, support and participate in TriNet’s Political Action Committee (PAC) events.
4. Prepare written summaries and report on state government activities and developments of interest to TriNet, and assist in preparing letters, testimony or memoranda regarding government-related matters.
5. Manage and provide legal guidance for TriNet’s PEO state and federal regulatory submissions and filings to ensure the company remains compliant with new requirements.
• JD with state bar admission
• Minimum 8-10 years government regulatory experience, preferably in the PEO industry
• Strong knowledge of, and proficiency in regulatory laws
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage complex legal issues that may arise without warning
• Capacity to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, fluid environment with limited supervision
• Ability to counsel business partners, effectively identifying risks and mitigation options
• Willingness to work on a team, interacting across different functions and job levels
• High-energy, positive attitude and commitment to success
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected
characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request such an accommodation.
Job posted: 2020-05-22