Senior Director, Reputation and Risk
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Inc. seeks a Senior Director of Reputation and Risk to advance crisis preparedness and issues management initiatives, as well as work proactively to enhance the company’s reputation through thought leadership. The Senior Director will be responsible for identifying and tracking potential threats to the organization, assisting with the development protocols and processes to mitigate those threats, and partnering with others in the organization on response efforts.
We seek to hire a team member who is equal parts fire fighter and storyteller. We want the person who can run a tight war room but do so with an eye toward an aspirational narrative. More than an adrenaline junkie, this candidate understands that the best way to solve a crisis is to constantly build a story that connects influencers to the brand and builds reputation over time.
The Senior Director of Reputation and Risk will work to leverage the company’s research initiatives to benchmark and track reputation, then use that data to find new opportunities and potential challenges. The position reports to the Vice President of Reputation Management and Public Affairs and will partner with Visa’s Legal, Risk and Government Relations teams.
This job requires a mid-senior level communications practitioner with the ability to counsel senior executives in mission critical moments. The ideal candidate demonstrated issues management and crisis communications experience for a well-established company/brand, and global experience is highly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree; Minimum 13-15 years public relations/communications experience.
• You have expertise developing global crisis communications plans, programs and policies. The company is looking for someone to go beyond the basic planning and help it think in new, dynamic ways about managing its reputation and responding to crises.
• You have prior experience applying best practices related to crisis preparation and response.
• You have a track record of successfully managing communications during times of crisis in a global, matrixed organization. Calm and cool under pressure, and has strong experience counseling executives in crisis situations. Attention to detail is critical.
• You are comfortable operating in a matrixed environment.
• You are experienced at coaching senior executives, particularly during times of crisis.
• Understanding of how to use data and research to drive efforts.
• Experience partnering with legal, government relations and public affairs partners.
• You have working knowledge of data security and privacy issues a must; experience in payments or financial services industry a plus.
• You demonstrate outstanding media relations skills and relationships, with experience engaging reporters on a regular basis on challenging issues. Experience as a company spokesperson required.
• You are skilled at using social media / content creation to advance reputation goals and in response to crisis situations.
• You have a track record developing and implementing compelling narratives to advance corporate reputation.
• You demonstrate ability to communicate information effectively and accurately, verbally or in writing across multiple disciplines. Can synthesize large amounts of data and distill key points clearly, succinctly and quickly.
• Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative
• Self-starter. Able to work independently as needed.
• Capable of achieving results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, often on short deadlines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job posted: 2019-03-20