Senior Director – Stakeholder Engagement – CAQ
Summary of Role
The Senior Director of Stakeholder Engagement will spearhead the CAQ’s activities and strategic planning efforts focused on engaging stakeholders in promoting the value of the audit profession and supporting the CAQ’s critical mission of instilling investor confidence and public trust in the global capital markets. Develop and lead strategic outreach to the most senior organizational and individual stakeholders in, among others, the investor (institutional and retail), governance, issuer and academic communities, establishing and strengthening relationships with key constituents.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Actively monitor regulatory and policy environment to anticipate emerging issues and concerns to stakeholders. Gather relevant information, analyze implications, and recommend appropriate path forward that considers possible collaboration and partnership with relevant stakeholders. Continuously identify and update the CAQ’s “map” of key stakeholders to target and oversee effective implementation of outreach.
- Develop, maintain and broaden relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at the highest levels in the capital markets supply chain, both through existing personal networks and by influencing/leveraging others in and outside the CAQ to do the same.
- Stay abreast of the stakeholder engagement efforts of CAQ members and peer associations (e.g., key audit firms, FEI, CFA, CII, NACD) and establish a unique and prominent role for the CAQ within the capital markets and public company auditing ecosystem.
- In coordination with other CAQ senior leadership, determine the most effective and strategic use of CAQ funds in considering event sponsorships, strategic partnerships, conferences and speaking engagements.
- Charter and engage in partnership-building efforts with organizations and individuals within and outside the audit profession to expand the CAQ’s reach and ability to build consensus among stakeholders on common issues and challenges.
- Develop forums/platforms that increase the frequency and quality of dialogue with stakeholders to solicit input, build consensus and understand their policy objectives and concerns.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Working knowledge of the global landscape of the public company auditing profession and economic/regulatory environments.
- Proven track record of developing key stakeholder relationships, with the demonstrated ability to communicate, influence, and lead effectively at all levels to deliver exceptional results.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the CAQ staff, sharing information and stakeholder engagement opportunities to maximize CAQ’s ability to further its mission, build consensus and efficiently communicate the message of the profession.
- Ability to both identify and communicate matters of immediate and long-term strategic importance to the Executive Director, CAQ Governing Board, and CAQ member firms, and to articulate an appropriate position for the CAQ and the profession.
- Strong public facing, presentation and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to instill credibility and gain the confidence of CAQ staff, stakeholders, members of the profession, and other key constituencies.
- Self-motivated and objective, with a bias toward action.
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in complex market-driven organizations with demonstrated proficiencies in stakeholder development and strategic relationship building.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Experience in or hands-on knowledge of capital markets issues, trends, stakeholders, and dynamics.
- Must have led, worked collaboratively with and managed teams of experienced professionals.
- Experience setting goals, assigning priorities, communicating across functions, and managing workloads.
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Advanced degree
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-07-26