Reynolds American Incorporated
Reynolds American Incorporated (NYSE: RAI) is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At RAI, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
At the RAI companies you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
This position is within Reynolds American Services Company—a subsidiary that provides support services, including compliance, HR, law, finance, information management, and more to all of the subsidiaries of RAI.
The Senior Director State Government Relations is responsible for the management of RAI Services Company (RAISC) State Government Relations activities within his/her assigned region. The incumbent directs the efforts of RAISC legislative counsel, RAISC’s grassroots operations, industry and third-party allies in order to effect legislation that will further the Company’s transforming tobacco strategy. Additionally, the incumbent develops strategy with the Department’s leadership team and works collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that RAISC’s State Government Relations programs and activities are implemented effectively in his/her assigned region.
- Ensure the implementation and/or management of a highly effective lobbying function in the region.
- Works collaboratively on cross-functional teams in formulating and implementing RAISC’s legislative activities consistent with the transforming tobacco agenda.
- With input from state legislative counsel, recommend political contributions consistent with Company guidelines.
- Build and strengthen relations with national and state political, legislative and third-party business organizations. Maximize the capability of all legislative support systems.
- Provide effective budget management for the region.
- Manage special legislative or other projects, as required.
- Keep RAISC management apprised of activity within the region.
- Travel required to states of responsibility and to attend various national conferences.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, leading, and coordinating special legislative or other special projects.
Education Required: Bachelor degree (BA or BS)
- 7 – 10 years working in a corporate, political or legislative environment.
- Experience managing employees or external consultants.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a strategic thinker with strong influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work effectively with people and to motivate individuals and groups to achieve objectives.
- The ability to work collaboratively.
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) is the parent company of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; American Snuff Company, LLC; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; and R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company.
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company’s potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 15, 2017