Senior Director, US Corporate Affairs
The Senior Director for US Corporate Affairs is primarily responsible to lead the internal communication strategy for the US commercial operations and to support the Senior Vice President, US Operations.
The Senior Director is also responsible to ensure that US priority business needs are appropriately supported/resourced by Global Communications and Patient Advocacy.
Working closely with the Global Corporate Affairs leadership team, this role reports directly into the Chief Communication officer, along with dotted line reporting into the Senior Vice President, US Operations.
• Provide strategic counsel to Senior Vice President, US Operations on internal and external communications that directly impact the US commercial operations
• Develop and implement internal communication strategy for the US commercial operations that support leadership and employee engagement
• Draft Senior Vice President, US Operations internal communications (memo to employees, Town Hall presentations, talking points for internal/external events)
• Devise an external thought leadership strategy for the Senior Vice President, US Operations that enhance Biogen’s reputation with a primary focus on LinkedIn
• Represent US commercial needs with global and ensure that global resources allocated to the US are focused on the right priorities for the business
• Serve as Corporate Affairs lead for strategic initiatives and projects that impact the US market (to be prioritized with Senior Vice President, US Operations and Chief Communication Officer)
•10 -15 plus years of communications experience in progressively senior roles in terms of responsibility, working with senior executives and managing and leading teams.
•Understanding of the integrated nature of the function bringing together communications, government and policy, social media, and all elements of the function for maximum impact, efficiency and effectiveness.
• Experience working in matrix organizations and with global functions.
• Demonstrated creativity and innovation in strategy and execution.
• Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders in the development of strategies and tactics while ensuring excellence in implementation.
• Ability to build and lead teams.
• Excellent follow-through, attention to detail and high sense of urgency.
• Strong executive presence; proven ability to effectively and appropriately work with and influence senior management.
• Strong collaboration skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to successfully influence without authority, and effectively work across functions and personalities.
• Demonstrated good judgment and ability to effectively prioritize work load.
• Creative, innovative, agile and flexible.
• Ability to work well under pressure and enjoys a fast-paced, often unpredictable environment.
• Strong business acumen, preferably related to the pharma/biotech industry.
• The role requires strong collaboration and networking across the organization while able to lead and work independently.
• Bachelor’s degree is required; ideally in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a degree in liberal arts or life sciences.
• Graduate degree preferred.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-24