Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Economic Policy Advisor
Conduct, oversee, and /or manage both in-house and contractor economic research and analysis in support of API objectives related to policy issues facing the petroleum industry. The issues could cover upstream, midstream, downstream, natural gas market and climate policies. Provide leadership and direction to groups within API by identifying evolving issues and formulating, undertaking or overseeing appropriate analysis to address identified issues. Provide leadership and expertise to groups within API by providing critical information and analysis to support key policy objective. Communicate research results both within and outside of API.
- Formulate and conduct objective economic analysis and research, and/or manage contractor research, on energy related issues affecting the petroleum industry to inform API policy decisions, to support departmental informational needs, and to support industry positions.
- Able to lead efforts in pursuit of policy objectives through the provision of economic analysis, and formulating of strategy.
- Provide quick response papers in areas of expertise on issues affecting the petroleum industry.
- Provide critical assessment of published economic analysis in relevant areas and provide technical “peer review” on papers prepared by other API staff, where appropriate.
- Communicate research results to appropriate groups within API (including departments and executive staff) as well as API committees and task forces.
- Represent API in area of expertise to external groups, including legislators, government agencies, and other associations.
- Present research results and economic analysis at professional conferences and publish in outside journals or other media venues, where and when appropriate.
- Manage and facilitate the activities of API committees, workgroups, and/or task forces.
- Requires 7-10 years of experience in a similar role and subject matter expertise. Expertise in oil and gas and/or climate issues preferred.
- Advanced degree/specialized training – The position requires additional study or specialized training leading to mastery of a specific subject area (Ph.D, JD, MBA, CPA, CAE, etc.).
- Degree/specialized training in Economics preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and complete economic analysis and research projects with little, if any, supervision, and demonstrated ability to communicate results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to handle multiple issues concurrently, to prioritize, and to coordinate efforts amount groups.
- Ability to meet multiple tight deadlines, proven leadership abilities, and the ability to excel in a trade association environment.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Capable of lifting up to 20lbs on occasion.
- Up to 25%
Percentage of travel time expected for the position, where the travel occurs, such as locally or in specific countries or states, and whether the travel is overnight.
This job outline describes the typical accountabilities and requirements of the position and should not be construed as an all-encompassing description of every duty performed by or expected of the incumbent.
API is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is a core value. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Our success in maintaining a reputation for professional excellence depends on selecting the best qualified candidates. Achieving this objective means that no employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, age, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy (including childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and reproductive health decisions), genetic information, national origin, disability, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, matriculation, credit information, the status as a victim or family member of a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sexual offense, or any prohibited basis under federal, state or local law.
API is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources Department via email at HumanResources@api.org.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-30