Senior Federal Legislative Liaison
The Senior Federal Legislative Liaison will, under the direction of the Director of Federal Affairs, advocate for Americans for Prosperity and Stand Together’s positions to break down barriers that stand in the way of people realizing their full potential. This includes a wide variety of issues that align to the Stand Together community’s priority initiatives including, but not limited to, immigration, judicial, education, free speech, and economic opportunity.
The position will provide ongoing liaison and resource support to: AFP and AFPF staff, members of Congress, Coalition Partners, Volunteers and Activists regarding political activities. This includes legislative initiatives, strategy and planning for legislation, regulatory change and related activities.
Reporting to the Director of Federal Affairs, the candidate will assist and participate in the organization’s advocacy efforts on Capitol Hill in support of our policy priorities.
A strong candidate will have existing knowledge of policy, process, and personnel in the US Congress and quickly provide recommendations for new policy initiatives. The candidate should have a commitment to the principles of the organization – specifically, a firm commitment to advancing every individual’s right to economic opportunity through free markets.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Leverage existing and develop new relationships with members of Congress to advance community priorities
- Provide ongoing liaison and resource support services to members of Congress, coalition partners, volunteers and activists regarding political activities
- Monitor, research and analyze federal legislative and regulatory trends that impact our policy initiatives. Track pending legislation and mitigate as needed
- Work closely with our government affairs and policy teams in the development and analysis of information for advocacy documents, presentations, testimony, etc.
- Provide ongoing liaison and resource support to the government affairs team, brand managers, and communications team
- Contribute insight to our policy team for formulation of ongoing initiatives
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Minimum of 10+ years of state and/or federal legislative experience
- Direct lobbying experience advancing a wide spectrum of issues
- Existing relationships and credibility with members of Congress
- Proven experience in development of Government Affairs strategies
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, environment
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- State level grassroots experience
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country’s biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit–knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. #PM19
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-14